3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2009 8:50 PM by Jim_Simon

fps: 11.1/30.0 (NOT REALTIME) How do i fix this?

Lystic

Hello, very new. I'm having this problem in After Effetcs cs4 and Adobe Premiere cs4.

In After Effects i can actuuly see the RED info telling me this, but in Premiere it plays back the same exact way.

I am editing a .MOV file from a kodak camera that was recorded in 1289 x 720 (hd720p) HQ

I have some footade i recorded at 640 x 480 HQ and that runs a bit better but not real time.

My System:

Windows Vista Home Premium

Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz 2.67 GHz

RAM 6.00 GB

64-Bit Operating System

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

I have read many threads, i have tried updating my graphics card drivers, Disabling Aero and DMV (Desktop thing)

I read someplace i might have to convert the video to a diffret codec? whats the best codec to work with and will i lose my HD quality?

Any help would be great. Should i maybe get a lower version of Premiere like CS3? or can i fix this?

• 1. Re: fps: 11.1/30.0 (NOT REALTIME) How do i fix this?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

The problem here is likely your choice of camera.  To the best of my knowledge, Kodak does not make any video cameras (at least not professional ones), which are your best choice if editing is the goal.  Consumer cameras and still cameras that also take video often record media that Premiere has trouble with.

My general advice in such situations is to pair your professional software with a professional video camera, or to use consumer software to pair with your consumer camera.

• 2. Re: fps: 11.1/30.0 (NOT REALTIME) How do i fix this?
            Lystic Level 1

Do you know of a special effects program that would work better for this footage? I', trying to do a lighting  effect, thats the main thing i want to do have lighting on this person.

I use Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 to edit this kind of footage all the time and it gives me no problems, i don't understand how a better program like Premiere can't play it back in real time.

Buy real Camera, what exactly do you mean? is there a certain camera or file type that works best with Premiere?

• 3. Re: fps: 11.1/30.0 (NOT REALTIME) How do i fix this?
              Jim_Simon Level 8

I use Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 to edit this kind of footage all the time and it gives me no problems

That is often a good recommendation.  With this footage, keep going that route.

is there a certain camera or file type that works best with Premiere?

For standard definition, a tape based MiniDV camera is best.  For high definition, a DVCPRO HD or RED camera is best.  HDV, AVCHD and XDCAM EX cameras also work, albeit with more issues given the nature of the media, so I generally recommend against them.