You can also use the RichTextEditor
Thanks for the response. thats definitely helpful.
but its not exactly what i wanted.
may be i should explain a little better.
These are the step i want the users to do.
1. users write some text in a text area. Let say the text is "hi my name is bob"
2. user will select the text bob.
3. right click or click on some tool bar. and a pop up will appear.
4. do some stuff in the pop up.then click ok to close the pop up
5. so now the text in the text area is "hi my name is bob"
6. now the text bob is like a hyperlink or something.
7. When you click on bob again, the pop up shows up.
I think in this the tricky part is step 3 and 7( both related).
can something link this be done in flex.
1 person found this helpful
You can add and remove hyperlinks in RichTextEditor.
If you want something else other than just text formatting and links, you will have to implement them yourself in a custom rich editor component.
i guess i will have to build a custom component.