5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2009 10:50 AM by xmarcsme

Audio sync problem on finished DVD

xmarcsme

I created a project in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 and outputed to DVD.  The project looked in sync in the project window but not on the DVD.  Most of the project  was ok on the DVD but on some clips the video was out of sync with the audio.  It's almost like the video slowed down.  What's wierd is that even in those clips only parts were out of sync.  I encoded it using export movie and then export adobe media encoder. both with the same result.  I don't have encore installed so I used Nero to make the DVD. It even seemed ok in Nero but when the DVD was made and it was played on different DVD players the audio and video where out of sync in some parts of some clips.  What could be the problem?  I am running vista premium 64 bit but I think premiere is installed with 32 bit.

• 1. Re: Audio sync problem on finished DVD
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Tell us a bit more about your Project, it's Assets and the exact method of Export, including the settings used.

I do not know Nero, so do not know how this might apply, or help. Some folk have seen similar issues in Encore. These have usually involved muxed MPEG-2 files out of PrPro. When they Export as elemental streams, and Import the Video-only file into En as a Timeline, then the Audio-only file as an Asset, things work well with no OOS. It seems that under certain circumstances, the muxing of the Audio and Video into one file, that causes these issues. Do not know if Nero can handle elemental streams.

I also Export as DV-AVI (elemental stream) and AC3 (elemental stream, as I do mostly DD 5.1 SS. One can also do the Audio-only file in PCM/WAV. The DV-AVI is Imported into En as a Timeline, and the AC3 is Imported as an Asset. It is then dragged to the appropriate Timeline to match up to the Video. Using this method, I have never had an OOS issue.

I've seen instances where the Assets in PrPro were MPEG and all seemed fine in PrPro, and in En, but then scenes would go OOS on the burned DVD. Do you have MPEG Assets?

Good luck, and sorry that I cannot help you with Nero.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Audio sync problem on finished DVD
            xmarcsme Level 1

I have a project with several video and audio tracks.  I have not 

flattened the timeline into a single video and a single video tracks.  Some  of the

clips required audio from a studio recording to be synced with the  video. 

I had to change the alignment of the audio and video to sync  them.  I also

changed audio or video speed in some.  The clips in  question are in sync

for the most part except for certain parts.  I  exported using export movie

and adobe media encoder.  I then made a movie  in nero.  The clips were in

sync in Premiere but not on the DVD.  I  have not tried export as a DV-AVI yet.

I exported as an Mpeg2-DVD.  I  exported the audio as mpeg and even tried

PCM.

In a message dated 6/16/2009 5:07:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Welcome  to the forum.

Tell us a bit more about your Project, it's Assets  and the exact method of

Export, including the settings used.

I do  not know Nero, so do not know how this might apply, or help. Some

folk have  seen similar issues in Encore. These have usually involved muxed

MPEG-2 files  out of PrPro. When they Export as elemental streams, and Import

the Video-only  file into En as a Timeline, then the Audio-only file as an

Asset, things work  well with no OOS. It seems that under certain

circumstances, the muxing of the  Audio and Video into one file, that causes these

issues. Do not know if Nero  can handle elemental streams.

I also Export as DV-AVI (elemental  stream) and AC3 (elemental stream, as I

do mostly DD 5.1 SS. One can also do  the Audio-only file in PCM/WAV. The

DV-AVI is Imported into En as a Timeline,  and the AC3 is Imported as an

Asset. It is then dragged to the appropriate  Timeline to match up to the Video.

Using this method, I have never had an OOS  issue.

I've seen instances where the Assets in PrPro were MPEG  and all seemed

fine in PrPro, and in En, but then scenes would go OOS on the  burned DVD. Do

you have MPEG Assets?

Good luck, and sorry that I  cannot help you with  Nero.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Audio sync problem on finished DVD
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Encore comes free with Premiere Pro CS3.  I'd install it and skip Nero.

• 4. Re: Audio sync problem on finished DVD
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Sorry, I'm still not clear on what your Assets were, and also if your Exported MPEG-2 file was muxed, or if you Exported as elemental streams, i.e. one Video-only file and one Audio-only PCM/WAV.

If muxed, then this might fit with what others have observed, re: OOS issues, when the DVD is Burned. If they start as MPEG files (on the Timeline), then that would fit with some other observations.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Audio sync problem on finished DVD
                  xmarcsme Level 1

Once my friend installed Encore the sync problem was fixed.  However  when

I changed the setting in encore to High quality ntsc there was an error in 

burning within encore.  It said that there was an error in a point of the 

movie. It wasn't even a complicated spot in the video.  A file was created 

and it plays fine but encore didn't burn it. I went back to medium quality

and  the project burns fine when I export to encore.  I also can't seem to get

a  decent quality Quicktime video from the project.  It creates a quicktime

but it's all blocky.  How do I get a better version and what should the 

settings be.

In a message dated 6/16/2009 6:32:22 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Sorry,  I'm still not clear on what your Assets were, and also if your

Exported MPEG-2  file was muxed, or if you Exported as elemental streams, i.e.

one Video-only  file and one Audio-only PCM/WAV.

If muxed, then this might fit  with what others have observed, re: OOS

issues, when the DVD is Burned. If  they start as MPEG files (on the Timeline),

then that would fit with some  other observations.

Good  luck,

Hunt