5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2009 5:16 AM by Steve Grisetti

Organizer links between Premiere and Photoshop Elements 7.0

Takoda8

Has anyone experienced that Organizer in Premiere is using the data in the Organizer of Photoshop Elements?  I loaded over 15,000 photos in PSE and now they are showing up in Premiere where I don't want them and it is really gumming it up.  Very Slow and with memory issues.  Called Adobe and after the tech researched it he said the two programs are linked and there wasn't anything I could do about that and suggested I not use the Organizer, just go straight to Edit and New Project.  Anyone had problems from this lame Adobe programming?

• 1. Re: Organizer links between Premiere and Photoshop Elements 7.0
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The programs are not "linked". The Organizers merely read the same metadata.

And there is no reason this should slow down a well-maintained computer. Once the programs create their catalog and you create a new project and start adding media to it, there is nothing about the programming that will slow things down.

If you are experiencing sluggishness after these initial set-ups, it could be an indication that something in your computer is out of date or improperly maintained.

The FAQs to the right of this forum offer information on updating and maintaining your system.

• 2. Re: Organizer links between Premiere and Photoshop Elements 7.0
            VideoJohnny Level 1
            Has anyone experienced that Organizer in Premiere is using the data in the Organizer of Photoshop Elements?  I loaded over 15,000 photos in PSE and now they are showing up in Premiere where I don't want them and it is really gumming it up.  Very Slow and with memory issues.  Called Adobe and after the tech researched it he said the two programs are linked and there wasn't anything I could do about that and suggested I not use the Organizer, just go straight to Edit and New Project.  Anyone had problems from this lame Adobe programming?

I have a well maintained computer and I saw the same slugishness with the Organizer.
            I always use a different catalog in PRE than I do in PSE.
            You will need to create a new catalog in the PSE Organizer. Then when you open PRE, from the file menu you can choose to select a differnet catalog. Find the one you just created. PRE will need to restart and when it does you will have a blank organizer, which will get filed as you add media.
            • 3. Re: Organizer links between Premiere and Photoshop Elements 7.0
              Takoda8 Level 1

This is the ticket!  This is the answer that Adobe support couldn't give me.  I did as you said and it looks like I've cleared the Organizer.  Who

would'uv thunk you need to go to another program to make a change in PRE.  Wierd thinking process for the programers.  I'm just hoping that the new

catalogue will also not self populate with media while my backs turned.  Thanks videojohnny!

• 4. Re: Organizer links between Premiere and Photoshop Elements 7.0
                Takoda8 Level 1

Thanks for your input Steve, after a day or two it seemed to settle down a little, I think it was doing background processing that was slowing it all

down.  My computer is fine other than the dozens of softwares fighting each other for resources with my Windows XP.  Video Johnny had a good fix for

not wanting to see 15,000 still photos, many RAW, in my organizer.  His fix worked.  I do consider these two programs as linked, even the Adobe

support guy agreed.  The two programs are made to work in unison.  If they are sharing databases that is linked to me. Thanks

• 5. Re: Organizer links between Premiere and Photoshop Elements 7.0
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Great news, Takoda!

BTW, there are instructions for doing this, as well as lots of other tips and tricks, in the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390603?tstart=0