3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 7:23 AM by PAULATEPC

API failure help...

dirkandvalorie

I have finished my movie and am ready to burn to DVD.  After rendering I began to burn and at 93% done it gives me the API failure.  I have search the forums for API issues and can't really track them down.  Any ideas to help me finish this movie??
      Thanks,

Valorie

• 1. Re: API failure help...
          Paul_LS Level 4

It appears to be a fairly common, generic type error message with a number of proposed solutions but not a universal one. I would try to export your timeline as a DV-AVI (File>Export>Movie) and burn this in a new project after adding DVD markers/menu.

• 2. Re: API failure help...
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The first LINK on "API failure" has some suggestions, plus links to other discussions. A Google advanced search on "API failure" and Adobe yielded many dozen articles.

As Paul_LS says, it's a common error, and can come from different operations. Do not limit your search to just PE, as Premiere (through PrPro 2.0 and PE) and Encore can experience these.

Paul_LS's suggestion is a good one, and is a common thread in many of these articles.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: API failure help...
              PAULATEPC

I came across this message today using CS3 on XP64.  The problem seemed to be caused by my trying to save the .mov file to a different hard drive than the one the premiere project file was on.  From what I see in the forums there can beany number of causes of this error message - my hard drive location issue was probably just one.