I produce Travel Guides using indesign and recently switched to ePub format. I'm currently trying to improve navigation by adding links to chapters within the chapters (anchor based).
When I export the book for ADE some chapters loose their content, so when you click on the link you get a blank page. If I look at the xhtml for the page it contains onlt the header bit - all the content from <div class="story"> is missing.
If I take just that chapter and export it to ADE it works fine. So, I'm confused!
I appreciate this in not strictly an ADE issue but .. any ideas?
At last! .. a solution! The answer to my problem is a bit complicated, the problem was (indirectly) caused by me:
The original book I was converting to ePub was laidout for PDF so, to create the 'new' ePub chapter I had to cut and paste each article into the new file. Instead of pasting the item immediately following the previous one I placed the item at the top of the next (indesign) layout page.
Fine so far, but if I ran out of pages I inserted extra pages into the layout and this added a new 'End of Story' (#) on the inserted page.
So I ended up with End of Story markers within the story itself - which caused part of the chapter concerned not to display.
Thanks to those guys who helped me solve this.