7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 9:44 AM by Mark A. Boyd

Importing older Shockwave Cast items to Director 11

_Vixion_

I just downloaded the Director 11 trail version to convert Director Shockwave Cast files to .JPG or something. The files I have are made in 2002 and therefor made in a very old version of Director.

When I try to import (file>import) or drag them on my Shockwave 3D stage the program pops up the following error:

Having trouble reading C:\...\... Continue Importing?

The CCT files are supplied with .CCM files aswell, dunno if they got some connection with eachother.

Anyone got an idea how I can import these files to Director 11 so I can convert them?

• 1. Re: Importing older Shockwave Cast items to Director 11
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Instead of trying to import them, try opening them with the File -> Open menu command

• 2. Re: Importing older Shockwave Cast items to Director 11
            _Vixion_ Level 1

Director pops up the message that it isn't a Director file and it can't open it.

• 3. Re: Importing older Shockwave Cast items to Director 11
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Director pops up the message that it isn't a Director file and it can't open it.

Then it's probably right, and I don't know what else to suggest. Can you post one online somewhere so that others can examine it?

• 4. Re: Importing older Shockwave Cast items to Director 11
                _Vixion_ Level 1

I added one of the files to this post. It's very small since the items are probally just 60x60 pixels. Also added the .ccm file, dunno if it's somehow connected to eachother.

[edit] I made it into a .zip file since the .cct and .ccm are rejected by the forum.

• 5. Re: Importing older Shockwave Cast items to Director 11
                  Mark A. Boyd Level 4

1. "Attach Files" land in a queue for an undefined period. Better if you can post it online somewhere and provide a URL.[1]

2. .cct files have been Shockwave compressed and are no longer directly editable in Director. You need the original .cst castLib file

3. .dir files are the editable Director movie files that may or may not be linked to external .cst files. .dcr files are Shockwave compressed versions that cannot be directly edited in Director.

4. .ccm files are not associated with Director in any way. Are you confusing Director with MultiMedia Fusion or Games Factory?

[1] You might be able to get away with using the Camera icon at the top of the online editor to attach those files. Works for text files, anyway.

--
                  Mark A. Boyd
                  Keep-On-Learnin' :-)
                  This message was processed and edited by Jive.
                  It shall not be considered an accurate representation of my words.

• 6. Re: Importing older Shockwave Cast items to Director 11
                    _Vixion_ Level 1

I never heard of Multimedia Fusion or Game Factory. The files I got are supplied by someone else which has no knowledge on computers or what so ever. MMF2 and GF only know the *.cca extension, it is close but no progress.

But if I understand the right way, without the *.cst files I can't edit / open the files to convert them to .JPG?

• 7. Re: Importing older Shockwave Cast items to Director 11
                      Mark A. Boyd Level 4

I was just going by what I found on http://filext.com/file-extension/CCM and took a quick look at MMF's site. Just a guess.

But if I understand the right way, without the *.cst files I can't edit / open the files to convert them to .JPG?

.cst files can contain much more than images.

BUT...Now that your file attachment has come out of the queue, it seems that these are definitely not Director files. Viewing the files with a hex editor, Bed.cct seems to be a TRUEVISION-XFILE (TGA 2.0?) and Bed.ccm has .tga filenames (Truevision Targa file format) embedded in it.

So, with a little digging around, and because you're posting in the 3D forum, I am wondering if those are Truevision3D (TV3D) files? But that is a real stretch. TV3D appears to be an SDK with an IDE for different programming languages. While I did find a link to TV3D, http://www.truevision3d.com the majority of links I found in a quick search are broken - even to the extent that the domain is no longer active. Even the TV3D site has broken links in it.

Methinks you're going to have to go beyond the "someone else which has no knowledge" person here. They are definitely not Director files.

--
                      Mark A. Boyd
                      Keep-On-Learnin' :-)
                      This message was processed and edited by Jive.
                      It shall not be considered an accurate representation of my words.