7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2009 7:41 AM by elemonated

Selected images disappearing from compiled CHM

elemonated

I've got a project that I'm trying to get compiled into a CHM file from RoboHTML 8. Everything seems to have gone fine, except that four of the images I added to the project prior to compilation don't show up in the CHM. They seem to be fine when viewed from RoboHelp, they're where they're supposed to be, and the source code of the compiled CHM refrences them correctly. And yet... they don't actually show up! I have tried renaming them, and reimporting them into the project, but these tricks didn't work. I'm hoping someone out there has some suggestions!

• 1. Re: Selected images disappearing from compiled CHM
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

Check the image references. If it has something like ../../../../ImageName.GIF it may be incorrectly referenced.

Additionally if the image is a .PNG file type, you may need to open it in Microsoft Paint and simply re-save it from Paint as a .PNG to sort it.

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: Selected images disappearing from compiled CHM
            elemonated Level 1

Well, the images are referenced correctly, and the png/PNG trick didn't work, sadly. So, um, any other tricks?

• 3. Re: Selected images disappearing from compiled CHM
              dsarig Level 1

I've had this happen a few times.

I deleted the image from the topic and then inserted it again from the

RoboHelp project files  (from the "Images in Project Folders" section on

the left side - not from the open folder icon).

This solved the problem for me; hope it helps you as well.

Debbie

Debbie Sarig | Documentation Manager | Magic Software Enterprises Ltd

Tel.03-538-9386 | Fax. 03-538-9333

Email. Debbie_Sarig@magicsoftware.com | www.magicsoftware.com

(Embedded image moved to file: pic19072.jpg)Magic Software Logo

DISCLAIMER. Information in this message and its attachments may be

privileged or confidential. It is for the exclusive use of the intended

recipient(s). If you are not one of the intended recipients, you are hereby

informed that any use, disclosure, distribution, and/or copying of this

information is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error,

please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

We recommend that you scan your incoming Emails. We cannot accept

responsibility for any transmitted viruses.

From:       elemonated <forums@adobe.com>                                                                               

To:         Debbie Sarig <debbie_sarig@magicsoftware.com>                                                                               

Date:       06/17/2009 05:56 PM                                                                               

Subject:    Selected images disappearing from compiled CHM                                                                               

I've got a project that I'm trying to get compiled into a CHM file from

RoboHTML 8. Everything seems to have gone fine, except that four of the

images I added to the project prior to compilation don't show up in the

CHM. They seem to be fine when viewed from RoboHelp, they're where they're

supposed to be, and the source code of the compiled CHM refrences them

correctly. And yet... they don't actually show up! I have tried renaming

them, and reimporting them into the project, but these tricks didn't work.

I'm hoping someone out there has some suggestions!

• 4. Re: Selected images disappearing from compiled CHM
                elemonated Level 1

Okay, I think I understand what you're getting at here, but it's a little unclear. Are you talking about toggling the Project Manager to view Project Files, not HTML files? Or have I misunderstood?

Either way, I went through a few iterations of this idea, and nothing worked, so unless I have it entirely wrong, it's back to the drawing board.

• 5. Re: Selected images disappearing from compiled CHM
                  dsarig Level 1

Let me try and explain myself better.

1. While you have your RoboHelp project open, open one of the HTML files

that you are having the problem with.

2. Delete the image from the screen.

3. Select Insert > Image

4. From the Image dialog box, go to the left pane of the dialog box (where

it says Images in project folders) and select your image from there.

Hope this helps,

Debbie

From:       elemonated <forums@adobe.com>                                                                               

To:         Debbie Sarig <debbie_sarig@magicsoftware.com>                                                                               

Date:       06/18/2009 07:46 PM                                                                               

Subject:    Re: Selected images disappearing from compiled CHM                                                                               

Okay, I think I understand what you're getting at here, but it's a little

unclear. Are you talking about toggling the Project Manager to view Project

Files, not HTML files? Or have I misunderstood?

Either way, I went through a few iterations of this idea, and nothing

worked, so unless I have it entirely wrong, it's back to the drawing board.

• 6. Re: Selected images disappearing from compiled CHM
                    Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

If I may...

I think this is one of those situations where an image helps. I believe what is being recommended is shown in the image below:

Click the image to view at full size.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

• 7. Re: Selected images disappearing from compiled CHM
                      elemonated Level 1

Thanks for clarifying! I tried this out and... well, it still didn't work. Drat!