3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2009 12:10 PM by RndmPplPrsn

PE7 Trial

RndmPplPrsn

Yes I know its the tiral, and I'm not sure what parameters are exactly cut from the trail compared to the full version, but I have two issues.

I have been looking for new software and I have come to like this the best, compared to PE 3. I had also liked Vegas Movio Studio.......9, because it seemed very stable, until they both started to give me errors.

I have had a memory problem in the past with PE 3, among other things, and glitches like this is the reason that I needed to upgrade.

My two problems, is one, I have AVI files that are read only as audio files in PE, yet they work completely as video outside of it. I had this problem with the third one, but I didn't have the codec then, but now I am sure I do.

My other problem is PE keeps saying I'm running low on memory, and I just did the fix for it (IncreaseUSerVA and /3GB Options), I have 4 GB of RAM total, and I'm getting this message when my entire system is only using 2GB of RAM.

Its not the rest of my PC either for I have 250 GB SATA HDD (Internal), 1TB External SATA HDD (external), 3.0 GHz Dualcore AMD CPU, NVIDIA 9800 GT Video Card (512 of RAM), and the 4GB of RAM I had mentioned earlier.

• 1. Re: PE7 Trial
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

My guess is that your source video files are at the core of all of your problems.

AVIs are not all the same. DV-AVIs are the ideal format for editing on a home computer, and these are the files that come from miniDV, tape-based camcorders.

Other video formats -- like video from still camera -- can use any of a number of codecs, most of which cause the very symptoms you describe. A good indication is a red line that runs along the top of the timeline as you add these files to your video project.

Where did these AVIs come from?

• 2. Re: PE7 Trial
            the_wine_snob Level 9

You might want to take a look at this ARTICLE in the Tips & Tricks section. Much might well be answered in it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PE7 Trial
              RndmPplPrsn Level 1

WellI solved the issues.

It seems that Adobe just issues that the memory is running low, but its fine.

And for the avi issues, I use G-Spot, that how I know I have the codec, it appears that the Vegas Trial created additional sound files in the directory, so when I loaded all of the files into PE 7 there were spaces with no files there (At Media Import), but apparently it was those additional sound files. Sorry for the false alarm, as I was also looking in the semi wrong place for files.

Thanks anyways.