0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2009 12:40 PM by Cr99

Automated AIR queuing and publishing database app

Cr99 Level 1

I have a flex web app which draws charts for the user based on a queryString key ID in the URL.  When I launch it, it sends a message to my backend Java app which uses the ID to look up the info for the chart in the database and then pushes it out to the flex app to be drawn.  What my clients want now though is for a dedicated app to run on a headless server to just spit out png snapshots of certain charts every so often.  I am converting the Flex app into an AIR app.  So instead of the user initiating the request for the chart, the automated app will need to generate each chart on its own one by one and also have to do this according to a schedule which may be updated from time to time. 

What would be the best way to do this?  How would you recommend I go about maintaining the queue of charts that need to be drawn.  Some are quite large and take some time to be drawn in flash player.  How can I ensure that I don't send the next chart to be rendered until the previous one has finished taking its snapshot?  As a side note, since the charts won't need any interactivity, are there features I could turn off to boost performance and rendering time? 

Thanks.