We have built a few courses, and would like to share what we
have built to do editing. What is the best way to do this. We have
tried publishing to e-mail, but then are not able to open the
course, and in one case we were able to open the course but did not
have any skins with the forward/backward buttons.
Are you talking about having multiple authors editing the
same Captivate project? Captivate doesn't support that. But what
you could do is implement what I call "Poor man's source control".
It works like this:
Authors A, B and C
Project (.CP file) resides on a server
User A wants to edit:
1. Send E-Mail to Athors B and C advising they will be
2. Copy project from server to hard drive.
3. Change name on server to reflect it's checked out. Perhaps
4. Edit project.
5. Copy project from hard drive back to server.
6. Delete renamed project from server.
7. Send "all clear" E-Mail to Authors B and C