• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7- Insert action does not display window to select the file.

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a nightmare situation with RH7 with no clue to resolve. What are my options to fix this

I am having trouble with robohelp, selecting insert action does not display the pop up window. This prevents functions such as inserting images & files, importing files and creating hyperlinks to documents created in word, frame maker.

when I perform this action, the pop up window appears virtually but is not visible to make the selection and RH freezes.

I have to end the process or press esc to find some work around - so far none available

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the community.

Have you recently gone from a dual monitor setup to a single monitor?  When this happens, RH can sometimes keep tossing dialog boxes over where it thinks the second monitor is.  I typically use a program called ForceWindowVisible (get it here) to push wandering dialogs back into view.  Give that a try and see if it works.  Hope this helps,

Ben

GryphonMountain.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of windows also allow you to"snag" the window with the following keys:

Perform your action so that the window should be in focus, e.g. Insert > Image.

Press Alt, Spacebar, M.

Press any arrow key.

Waggle the mouse around wildly until the cursor and attached window display on your screen.

Left-click to drop the window.

HTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were having the same problems, and we had a good laugh when we read Amebr's suggestion, which seemed pretty crazy. But it worked! It solved several different problems we were having with both RH and other programs. Thank you!

/Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

thanks so much...I just can't believe my eyes...after a long long time, my windows are visible again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp