Expand my Community achievements bar.

Difference between Designer 8.0 and Workbench 8.2 Designer prospective

Level 4

Can I use Adobe Designer 8.0 in place of Workbench 8.2 Designer prospective to design Forms that will run under LiveCycle ES?

Thanks

YogLC

3 Replies

Level 4

Thank you Jasmin, you were quick as always!

Does Adobe will continue to support Adobe Designer 8.0 since there is LiveCycle ES workbench available to design forms? are there any updates available for Designer  8.0?

I am asking these question only because we already have license copy of Designer 8.0 and may want to use it with LiveCycle ES if it makes sense.

In LiveCycle ES does each developer that develop Forms needs to have licensed copy of Workbench or LiveCycleES's workbench is licensed based on

per server/cpu ?

Thanks YogLC

Level 10

"Does Adobe will continue to support Adobe Designer 8.0 since there is LiveCycle ES workbench available to design forms?"

Yes. The Designer that is in workbench, is the same as the standalone Designer. The only difference is that it's loaded within the Workbench interface.

When you install Workbench, it installs Designer as well. You can run that Designer as standalone Designer if you wanted to. They are the same product.

"In LiveCycle ES does each developer that develop Forms needs to have licensed copy of Workbench or LiveCycleES's workbench is licensed based on

per server/cpu ?"

If you design the forms to be used by LiveCyle, then you can have as many Workbench/Designer as you want. You don't need a license per user. If you use Designer to just build  stand alone forms and not use them with LC (ex. just put them on a web site), then you need a license of Designer per user.

Jasmin