5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2008 1:42 PM by Deaf Web Designer

Companies that use Fireworks for web

philoman
      Does anyone have a list of companies that use Fireworks primarily for web design instead of Photoshop in the US?
      Specifically in Los Angeles, California?
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Companies that use Fireworks for web
          JoeDaSilva Level 4
          I'd love to see a list too, but I doubt one exists. I ran a search for "Adobe Fireworks" on monster.com, with my only criteria being the location of California. That turned up 9 results, which is a little disappointing.

http://jobsearch.monster.com/Search.aspx?re=130&cy=us&brd=1&JSNONREG=1&q=adobe+fireworks&o cc=11454.12005&sid=11&rad=20&rad_units=miles

• 2. Re: Companies that use Fireworks for web
            Level 7
            > Does anyone have a list of companies that use Fireworks primarily for web
            > design instead of Photoshop in the US?
            > Specifically in Los Angeles, California?

I don't have an answer I'm afraid but I was just wondering why it matters?

--
            Regards

John Waller

• 3. Re: Companies that use Fireworks for web
              JoeDaSilva Level 4
              I'm not trying to speak on behalf of the OP, who knows why he's asking. But it matters to me because I feel Fireworks is a far superior platform for web interface design.

As an advocate of the software it would be nice to say to my boss "Hey, giant corporation X uses Fireworks. Maybe we should too".

• 4. Re: Companies that use Fireworks for web
                Level 7
                > As an advocate of the software it would be nice to say to my boss "Hey,
                > giant
                > corporation X uses Fireworks. Maybe we should too".

(Note: I don't wish to undermine this thread with this tangent. Apologies to
                the OP.)

Yes that would be nice but bosses look for business cases to switch or
                change operations. Employees look for nice features.

"Hey, giant corporation X uses Fireworks. Maybe we should too" is not a
                business case. It's a preference based on comparing your company to another,
                which may or may not be relevant. It's not a compelling case or approach
                e.g. tell me why corporation X uses Fireworks.

The language to which a boss is receptive is more like:

"we currently do x in Photoshop daily which takes 2 minutes every time we do
                it - that's an aggregate of 2 hours daily. This would take one mouseclick in
                Fireworks and we'd get automatic y and instant z at the same time. That's an
                extra project we can finish each day, with no extra labour cost, simply by
                switching software. Cost to switch would be $w (zero?) for hardware, $x for
                software plus $y (zero?) for training."

If I was the boss hearing this from my employee, my attitude would be: "I'm
                listening. Show me more. Let's trial Fireworks and the operational change
                for 30 days and review it then".

--
                Regards

John Waller

• 5. Re: Companies that use Fireworks for web
                  Level 1
                  @John Waller,

Very wise advice! Well said! {hands down}