2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2009 8:40 AM by the_wine_snob

Export problems!!! Freezes with 5 SECONDS LEFT!!!

videoguy24

My Adobe Premire Elements freezes when I go to Share>PC>MPEG>Save, but only after most of it is done and it says it will be done in 5 seconds. This is really important because these videos are for a local video station and are broadcast weekly. I just got Adobe Premiere Elements two days ago and this is my first project  on it. Can someone help?

• 1. Re: Export problems!!! Freezes with 5 SECONDS LEFT!!!
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, ensure that you have the latest version of Quicktime. Very important.

Second, ensure that the drive you are saving this file to is:

1) Freshly cleaned of temp files and defragmented

2) Has at least 30-50 gigabytes of free hard drive space

3) Is formatted NTFS and not FAT32 (as all drives are by default)

• 2. Re: Export problems!!! Freezes with 5 SECONDS LEFT!!!
            the_wine_snob Level 9

After you have followed Steve's advice and insured that everything is good there, take a good, long close look at the end of your Project. Use the horizontal zoom to get the Timeline greatly magnified. Step slowly through the Assets near the end of your Timeline (remember, the 05 sec. is for the total Export operation, so look beyond the last 05 sec. on the Timeline.) with the PageUp and PageDn keys. Look for things like gaps in your Video Tracks. You do not want any gaps. Also, study the exact Assets at the end. Do they differ from the rest, i.e. different format/CODEC for a video, or maybe a very large still image. Is there any difference near the end? Go slowly and look very carefully.

Good luck,

Hunt