The Index also works in Safari.....it's the first time I've ever heard of a Web issue NOT working in Internet Explorer but working in Firefox, Safari, etc....
I attempted a few different things. I tried outputting using a different WebHelp skin. This time it didn't have the white bar, but replaced the white bar with a white bar that said Loading Index.......
Then I tried outputting in FlashHelp Pro, no difference. I then published regular WebHelp to my computer, and the index worked, but the Search didn't work in the WebHelp version. Ugh!!
I then tried deleting the CPD and XPJ files, and opening the project with the HHP file....didn't work. Help, I need some help!!!
Awwww, man! Did you mistakenly enable the Puzzling Index option in RoboHelp?
Click the image below to view full size
In case you missed it. That's a joke dialog modification.
Sorry, but I really have no clue as to why. I'm thinking you and any others experiencing weirdness should definitely report it to Adobe as a bug.
Funny stuff!! I think I accidentally clicked the Give Your RoboMaster a Headache check box, and it's doing as told. Silly RoboHelp....I've had enough for one day, tomorrow is Friday, maybe it'll decide to shape up if I give it some time to sort out its issues.
Overnight I had a vision....and I came up with the solution to my problem. I have both RoboHelp 7 and 8 installed on my machine, and I had a theory that maybe, just maybe RoboHelp 8 was pulling a file for publishing out of 7, and this was causing some issue with my Index not appearing. I uninstalled RH 7 and republished my project again and BAM! it worked. My Index appears correctly in all Web browsers again. Needless to say, I did a small dance of joy upon seeing the results. I was amazed....and now must let Tulika know that it's not the server's fault What a great way to start the day!!
Lesson of the day: Uninstall RoboHelp 7 before using RoboHelp 8!!!!!!