• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index only appears in Firefox

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a clue as to why the Index of my WebHelp system (RH 8) only appears in Firefox, and in Internet Explorer 7 and 8 it appears with no words, just a white line every 10 inches or so. (The help system IS hosted on RH Server 8)

Index.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Index also works in Safari.....it's the first time I've ever heard of a Web issue NOT working in Internet Explorer but working in Firefox, Safari, etc....

I attempted a few different things. I tried outputting using a different WebHelp skin. This time it didn't have the white bar, but replaced the white bar with a white bar that said Loading Index.......

Then I tried outputting in FlashHelp Pro, no difference. I then published regular WebHelp to my computer, and the index worked, but the Search didn't work in the WebHelp version. Ugh!!

I then tried deleting the CPD and XPJ files, and opening the project with the HHP file....didn't work. Help, I need some help!!!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Awwww, man! Did you mistakenly enable the Puzzling Index option in RoboHelp?

Click the image below to view full size

tmp1.png

In case you missed it. That's a joke dialog modification.

Sorry, but I really have no clue as to why. I'm thinking you and any others experiencing weirdness should definitely report it to Adobe as a bug.

Click here to visit the Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny stuff!! I think I accidentally clicked the Give Your RoboMaster a Headache check box, and it's doing as told. Silly RoboHelp....I've had enough for one day, tomorrow is Friday, maybe it'll decide to shape up if I give it some time to sort out its issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Overnight I had a vision....and I came up with the solution to my problem. I have both RoboHelp 7 and 8 installed on my machine, and I had a theory that maybe, just maybe RoboHelp 8 was pulling a file for publishing out of 7, and this was causing some issue with my Index not appearing. I uninstalled RH 7 and republished my project again and BAM! it worked. My Index appears correctly in all Web browsers again. Needless to say, I did a small dance of joy upon seeing the results. I was amazed....and now must let Tulika know that it's not the server's fault What a great way to start the day!!

Lesson of the day: Uninstall RoboHelp 7 before using RoboHelp 8!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp