Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 - Link to Drop-Down Hotspot

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, all.

I'm trying to implement the autoexpand script found on Mr. Grainge's website (http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/autoexpand/auto_expand_method_2.htm). It works fine in RoboHelp's preview (View Selected Item), but it doesn't work when I compile to WebHelp.

A Google Groups search revealed that other people had the same issues with autoexpand and WebHelp. However, the messages had either expired or referenced solutions discussed in private emails.

If someone could point me to an updated script or solution that resolves the issue, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was reported to me that the method worked in X5 and RH7. I have just tested it in RH8 and it is working correctly.

It was reported to me that the two instances of kadov in the script can be removed. Try that but it should work with kadov left in.

Check the steps again. Make sure your bookmark does not have any spaces.

If it still does not work, contact me via my site and I will send you the project I set up to test. Then you can see exactly how it is done.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested myself in RH7 and get the same result you did. As I indicated, I had been told it worked in RH7 so maybe a patch broke it.

However it is working in RH8 in both IE7 and FF 3.0.11.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drat. Well, maybe I can convince the company to give me RH 8, although we just upgraded to 7 last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bear in mind any patch in RH8 could break it, as with past patches.

It would be a good idea to post a feature request asking Adobe to implement this feature.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp