3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2009 4:02 PM by clarke65c

Recovered CR2 files won't open with CS3

cherry.montag

Hey, I need help with this!

I worked in a photoshoot with a Canon EOS Rebel XSi and SD memory; then I had troubles trying to download them because the memory wouldn't let me do it, so I used the 'PC Inspector Smart Recovery' and I recovered all my CR2 files indeed. BUT! some of them won't open with Photoshop CS3, most of them do, but there's just some others that won't open and I really need to get this job done

My camera files always worked perfectly with photoshop CS3, plugins are installed, I really don't know what went wrong.

• 1. Re: Recovered CR2 files won't open with CS3
          Ramón G Castañeda Level 4

cherry.montag wrote:

…I had troubles trying to download them because the memory wouldn't let me do it,

That's an indication of hardware issues right there.  Your "downloaded" files appear to be corrupted.  Do you still have the originals on the card?

• 2. Re: Recovered CR2 files won't open with CS3
            clarke65c

I am having a similar problem.  I downloaded CR2 files from my camera to my computer and CS3 Bridge will not recognize the files, allow me to open in Camera Raw or open in CS3 Photoshop.  I also stuck the same memory card in a Lexar mem card reader and attempted to download to my Mac in CS4 Bridge and that version of Photoshop and Bridge won't recognize the files either, however the CR2 files do appear, where I can view the thumbnails, in iPhoto.  All original files are still on the memory cards (4 cards worth of wedding photos!).  I've downloaded Camera Raw updates for both cs3 and cs4 on my windows pc and my mac and still no luck.  I'm at my witts end! Help! 

• 3. Re: Recovered CR2 files won't open with CS3
              clarke65c Level 1

Oh yeah, forgot to add that I shot more images on one of the same cards with the CR2 files that won't appear still on it today and those are appearing for the most part in CS3 Bridge, but there are a few that don't appear.