5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2009 8:10 AM by the_wine_snob

Clickable Links or Thumbnails

UbbaWub

Is there a way to create clickable links or clickable thumbnails on say a call to action page, at the end of a given video?

• 1. Re: Clickable Links or Thumbnails
          the_wine_snob Level 9

What is the exact application of these? In pure video, one can have a URL launch, but there is not really any interactivity to this.

Interactivity could be incorporated into video in Flash.

One could include some interactivity in a DVD-Video through Menus, but any URL, etc. would only be in ROM Content. For full interactivity on a DVD, one would need something like the "now dead" Sonic eDVD program. Do not know if it's ever going to come back.

Maybe if you will outline just what you want to do, someone can offer suggestions for the best way to go about it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Clickable Links or Thumbnails
            UbbaWub Level 1

Hello Hunt,

Yeah, I have been lacking in my descriptions lately.  I am creating a video that will be launched from a website and at the end of it, where you have a call to action, I wanted to incorporate some type of link to maybe put the viewer in a different page or place. Specifically, it's with a personal trainer and he wants to be able to have someone click to immediately go to an informational page for sign-up...but it will be a web based video.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Bro

• 3. Re: Clickable Links or Thumbnails
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Check out Ann Ben's links in this THREAD. If this will not work for you, then I'd put the video into a Flash player with interactivity.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Clickable Links or Thumbnails
                UbbaWub Level 1

Thank you Hunt.

• 5. Re: Clickable Links or Thumbnails
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Most welcome. You might want to keep an eye out for a reincarnation of Sonic's eDVD program. IIRC, they sold the code, but the project to get it updated for Vista shelved plans for future development. Now, with BD and Win7, there might be a revival of it. That would do exactly what you are looking to do except on a DVD or BD. Have not heard any news recently, but who knows? I would think that gaming companies would push for more direct interactivity, especially with so many consoles working from BD. However, they may have bought the code and only plan to use it in-house.

Good luck,

Hunt