4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2009 2:07 AM by Deepak Tolani

Problems encountered while migrating Flex 2.0 code to Flex 3.0

Deepak Tolani

I have created some project specific modules in Flex Builder 2.0.Due to licensing issues, I had to migrate the code in Flex Builder 3.0 professional.I switched to the Flex 2.0 Hotfix compiler,but certain events and method are behaving indifferently.Alos there are some problems with the existing form layouts and existing styles.Could someone let me know the cause and the solution to it?

• 1. Re: Problems encountered while migrating Flex 2.0 code to Flex 3.0
          *Prashant Shelke* Level 4

Actually I didn't get this you have shift to Flex 3.0 & using Flex 2.0 Hotfix compiler. Can you please attach any snap for form layout issue?

• 2. Re: Problems encountered while migrating Flex 2.0 code to Flex 3.0
            RUSH-ME Level 3

Hi In Flex 3.0 some code and styles have changed. And New classes are added to it. For example AdvanceDataGrid is added to flex 3.0, and the textDecoration Stye's inherit property set to true while it was false in flex 2.0. So you have to check these codes before you switch over from one compiler to another. You can check the code which comes with flex builder.

Would you mind to paste the code snapshots  of your problem?

• 3. Re: Problems encountered while migrating Flex 2.0 code to Flex 3.0
              Deepak Tolani Level 1

I consumed the code written in Flex Builder 2.0 into Flex Builder 3.0 by keeping Flex 2.0.1 Hotfix 3 as the default Flex SDK version.Some of the methods and events are behaving differently.Are there any prerequisites for the proper execution of the code in Flex 3.0?

• 4. Re: Problems encountered while migrating Flex 2.0 code to Flex 3.0
                Deepak Tolani Level 1

Kindly have a look at the following styles which i have created in the stylesheet:

Button
                {
                upSkin:Embed(source='/assets/glass_btn_up.png', scaleGridLeft=10, scaleGridRight=11, scaleGridTop=10,scaleGridBottom=11);
                downSkin:Embed(source='/assets/glass_btn_over.png', scaleGridLeft=10, scaleGridRight=11, scaleGridTop=10,scaleGridBottom=11);
                overSkin:Embed(source='/assets/glass_btn_over.png', scaleGridLeft=10, scaleGridRight=11, scaleGridTop=10,scaleGridBottom=11);
                selectedUpSkin:Embed(source='/assets/glass_btn_over.png', scaleGridLeft=10, scaleGridRight=11, scaleGridTop=10,scaleGridBottom=11);
                selectedOverSkin:Embed(source='/assets/glass_btn_over.png', scaleGridLeft=10, scaleGridRight=11, scaleGridTop=10,scaleGridBottom=11);
                disabledSkin:Embed(source='/assets/glass_btn_disable.png', scaleGridLeft=10, scaleGridRight=11, scaleGridTop=10,scaleGridBottom=11);
                color:#000000;
                textRollOverColor:#000000;
                }

.glassPodsCombo
                {
                borderStyle: applicationControlBar;
                backgroundColor: #DCDCDC;
                fillAlphas: 0, 0.25;
                borderThickness: 0;
                cornerRadius: 8;
                paddingRight: 0;
                paddingLeft: 0;
                paddingTop: 0;
                paddingBottom: 0;
                horizontalScrollBarStyleName: fseVerticalScrollBar;
                verticalScrollBarStyleName: fseVerticalScrollBar;
                }

I am using the style 'glassPodsCombo' for combo boxes,but after compiling the code with Flex 3.0 compiler, the combo boxes appear as buttons.Also I am passing an array as an input parameter to a webservice but the service operation deos not execute properly whereas the same code works properly in Flex builder 2.0.