3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2009 12:49 PM by Adolfo Rozenfeld

Export HDV in Aftter Effects.

RuiP.Sousa

Hey i am having a problem with after effects. I had to make some mask and stabilize motion in some scenes in a movie. Everything wnt ok but now i face a big problem...  My video source.. and project settings are the ones on the picture, after.JPG

The problem is i really dont understand anything that has to do with export.. I need to know what is the correct export settings.. ive tried a lot of stuffs but the quality isnt always the same and in some exported vid i keep seing some green pixels apearing.. what should i do.. go with export menu our render que and witch step to make in each other..

thanks a lot

btw the way the video files are m2t

• 1. Re: Export HDV in Aftter Effects.
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee
          go with export menu our render que and witch step to make in each other..

Rui: No, you don't normally use the Export menu in After Effects to render video.

You use the Render Queue instead. Just go to Composition > Add to Render Queue.

There are a million variables, though. Such as what application are you rendering for.

• 2. Re: Export HDV in Aftter Effects.
            RuiP.Sousa Level 1

ive find a way.. its a sheet but it works.. i went to Render and let the settings to best settings, the same as the comp, and the output to losseles.. but.. the video works very slow..then i imported that video to premiere and exported the inout hd settings... and voila.. it works.. ope this helps.. there might be a simple way but im fine with this for now

• 3. Re: Export HDV in Aftter Effects.
              Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Rui: The reason why it plays so slowly is because the lossless preset leads to an uncompressed file. In an uncompressed file at HD resolution, the data rate is so high that your hard drive can't keep up with it when trying to play it in real time. If you just render it inside the Premiere Pro timeline, it will play back just fine.