0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2009 8:44 AM by The tinkerer

Strange Error: Flex AS3 - Using Sound class

The tinkerer

Evenin, mates.

My situation is the following...
      I am trying to use Sound class to access a stream on different servers.
      Think playing Shoutcast streams from a web page.
      My "play" code is the following:

soundPlayback = new Sound(new URLRequest(soundURL), soundContext);

soundPlayback.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR,   sound_Error,false,0,true);

soundPlayback.addEventListener(ProgressEvent.PROGRESS,   sound_Progress,false,0,true);

soundChannel = soundPlayback.play();

soundChannel.soundTransform = soundTransformer;

I actually have a class, it would be a little too lengthly to copy-paste the entire thing, but I will if it gets to it.
      This is not the first time I've made a player like this and this is not the first time I've used my class...
      This issue I see for the first time, however.

The issue:
      I originally load a PLS file, extract play links out of it and then pass it into my play class as "soundURL".
      My sound_Progress catches initiation and shows buffer going. Buffer loads and... well that's it... nothing happens. No sound, no error, no warning, no status. Nothing. If I try to call Sound.close(), I get an error that no stream is connected: "Error #2029: This URLStream object does not have a stream opened". Its like everything stops mid way.
      I've tried to just give it time, since Firefox tells me "Connecting [insert ip/url of the stream here]", but then it stops as well.

What I've noticed that is strange, the buffer is very small: 4927 bytes, as reported by the sound_Progress.

An example PLS url is:

http://85.114.130.135:8000/listen.pls

Example sound stream is:

http://85.114.130.135:8000/

I thought it could be an issue with permissions, but would I even get a buffer?

I am using AS3 in Flex to code and FireFox 3 to test.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
      Cheers.