3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2010 9:51 AM by the_apple

making the 7.1.3 update silent

rpettigr

I am working with a client whio is still on 7.1.0 and I cannot get the 7.1.3 update to run silently or unattended.  /q /qn /quiet /passive any switch added to the msiexec other than /p adberdr713upd_all_incr.msp causes the patch to start to run then quit without installing. I do not want the users to have to click on anything to do with the update.  I am trying to wrap the install in a wise installer wrapper to push out silently with altiris.

Has anyone had any luck with getting the patch to run silently?

Thanks for your help and suggestions

Ron

• 1. Re: making the 7.1.3 update silent
          soberoi Level 1

Hi, try these commands for silent install. But make sure that you are installing from the 7.1.2 eles you'll have to chain the patches and run through command line.

msiexec /p <patch.msp> /qn --- silent install

msiexec /p <patch.msp> /qb – progress bar install

Hope this helps!!

• 2. Re: making the 7.1.3 update silent
            rpettigr Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions.  Those are the switches I amusing. If I run the command  from the cmd prompt it works as expected.  If I run it from inside the wise wrapper it does not work unless I only use the following command line  "msiexec /P <patch.msp>"  I suspect I am doing something wrong inside the wrapper or more people would be seeing this issue with the update. so I will keep plugging away at it.  

Thanks

Ron

• 3. Re: making the 7.1.3 update silent
              the_apple

I am having problems installing AdbeRdr709_en_US.exe with the silent install.

I have tried many times. This will install it but someone would have to click Next at every pop-up.

This will install it but someone would have to click Next at every step.

\\Path\To\Executable\AdbeRdr_en_US.exe /S/v/qn

How can I fix this?