4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2009 1:44 AM by Mylenium

SFW export file has shake

vitamineg

Help, help.

I am a new user to After Effects and just created a short slide show and exported it as an SWF file.   When viewing the flash in a browser, it has a shake or wierd subtle movement to it....    whats causing that?  and is there a way to eliminate the movement???  

thanks in advance.   below is a link:

http://panoramicbreath.com/showings.html

Paul

• 1. Re: SFW export file has shake
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Do not export it as a SWF file.

SWF makes sense for features that are vector-based AND can be preserved as vectors on export. Since you're using photographs, this is not the case. SWF (at least from the AE exporter) is really inefficient for bitmaps (it treats each frame as a highly compressed JPEG still image, compared to the sophisticated temporal compression used by modern video formats for web distribution).

In this casem, you want to export as Flash Video (FLV) instead. Use the Render Queue to do this, not the File > Export path.

• 2. Re: SFW export file has shake
            vitamineg Level 1

ahhhh.... most excellent AR, thank you.

the next and i hope finale issue is, is there a way to make the FLV loop?   i have done my work in google searching for an answer but couldnt resolve it easily so i thought i would ask here.

thanks again in advance.

• 3. Re: SFW export file has shake
              Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

I think that's something you set easily in the Flash authoring app. It depends on whether you import the Flash video file into a Flash authoring project or load it externally. I am really far from being a Flash authoring expert.

I recommend you post this question in the Flash forum.

• 4. Re: SFW export file has shake
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

vitamineg wrote:

the next and i hope finale issue is, is there a way to make the FLV loop?

That's a simple parameter you set in the player itself. If you use the streaming version (FLV and a separate player skin SWF), it is a Flash variable, but since there are so many of these, there is variations in the behavior. You really don't need Flash at all, you can find prefab players of all sorts. A simple and good one is for instance Nonverblaster.

Mylenium