3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2009 10:14 PM by Sanjay Kumar Singh

Adobe AIR File claims "Damage"/OS X Related

jeff25624

I'm sorry for not being able to contribute more to the discussions going on here at Adobe, but I have been stymied by a particular issue, and the only place I could turn to was these forums.

During the past week, a certain application that requires AIR to run released their latest update. Upon attempting to update to that latest version, I have been continuously told during installation that "The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author."

I would attempt to follow the instructions given, however the support for said application is quite useless, as I have not been able to get any sort of answer or instructions from them. It seems that this problem has affected other similar applications, a Google Search revealed people had the same #3003 error that has been plaguing me. Unfortunately, upon researching this problem, including these forums, I am still nowhere closer to an answer. I tried a few simple fixes; uninstalling AIR and reinstalling, downloading an earlier version of AIR, repairing the OS Permissions, but none  of that worked.

Any assistance that could be sent my way would be incredibly appreciated, if this was another application I would not mind as much, but it has become quite essential over the past few months. I would love to post more information that could assist everyone, but I'm not sure which information would be relevant and necessary. Again, I am asking for any assistance.