0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2009 9:14 PM by pennsyfan

Alert class import causes errors

pennsyfan

Hello,

I am the local new guy. I have followed many examples of how to create an alert popup window and have failed.

Background:

added alert component to stage and delete, component shows up in library

added import mx.controls.Alert

to actions layer first frame of fla file

When I control enter to create the file, I get these wierd errors, 16 of them in fact

rainging form there is no method to no poperty

here they are:

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\managers\PopUpManager.as: Line 123: There is no method with the name 'deactivate'.
                SystemManager.deactivate(o);

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\TextArea.as: Line 361: There is no property with the name '_color'.
             _color = UIObject.textColorList;

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\TextArea.as: Line 363: There is no property with the name 'focusTextField'.
             focusTextField = label;

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\containers\Window.as: Line 348: There is no property with the name 'clickHandler'.
             button_mc.clickHandler = delegateClick;

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\alertClasses\AlertForm.as: Line 159: There is no method with the name 'createClassChildAtDepth'.
             var o:Button = Button(createClassChildAtDepth(Button, DepthManager.kTop,

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\alertClasses\AlertForm.as: Line 166: There is no property with the name 'clickHandler'.
             o.clickHandler = onClick;

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\alertClasses\AlertForm.as: Line 167: There is no property with the name 'detail'.
             o.detail = detail;

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\alertClasses\AlertForm.as: Line 212: There is no property with the name 'width'.
              extent.width += icon_mc.width + 8;

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\alertClasses\AlertForm.as: Line 218: There is no property with the name 'height'.
              var i:Number = icon_mc.height - (numlines * (extent.height + 4));

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\alertClasses\AlertForm.as: Line 263: There is no property with the name 'height'.
              icon_mc.move(x, (height - buttons[0].height - icon_mc.height) / 2);

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\alertClasses\AlertForm.as: Line 264: There is no property with the name 'width'.
              x += icon_mc.width + 8;

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\scrollClasses\ScrollBar.as: Line 272: There is no property with the name 'height'.
              var y:Number = ((pos-minPos) * (scrollTrack_mc.height-scrollThumb_mc._height) / (maxPos - minPos)) + scrollTrack_mc.top;

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\scrollClasses\ScrollBar.as: Line 494: There is no property with the name 'height'.
              thumbHeight = pageSize / (maxPos-minPos+pageSize) * o.height;

**Error** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\scrollClasses\ScrollBar.as: Line 497: There is no property with the name 'height'.
               if (o.height < st.minHeight)

**Warning** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\Alert.as: Line 27: There is no class or package with the name 'mx.containers' found in package 'mx'.
            static var symbolOwner:Object = Window;

**Warning** C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\controls\Alert.as: Line 213: There is no class or package with the name 'mx.controls.alertClasses' found in package 'mx.controls'.
             var tmp = AlertForm;

Total ActionScript Errors: 16   Reported Errors: 16

funny thing is that when i create the same code

import etc alert.show etc in a new fla file it works just fine, when i use the working code from the new fla and place it here not changing anything it fails with the previoulsy mentioned errors,

I have checked the class path, i have added the direct folder of the classes, I have even tried to import the .AS file it self with no luck.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks

Jim