1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2009 1:14 PM by Jeff Swartz

Can you use Flash Catalyst & Builder to make an AIR app?

IrishAIRMax

Hi everybody,

I am looking to create an AIR application and wished to use Photoshop & Catalyst for design and Builder for development but I came across a problem. When I import my catalyst file (.fxb) into Builder, it goes straight into a web application and does not give me a choose to make it into a desktop application.

Is this not possible? Or is there some other way to do this so that my catalsy file becomes a desktop project (AIR-RIDA) and not a web project (RIA)?

Thank you all in advance,

IrishAIRMax

• 1. Re: Can you use Flash Catalyst & Builder to make an AIR app?
          Jeff Swartz Level 3

Flash Catalyst only generates web projects (Flash Builder imports exactly what it gets from Catalyst).  However, Flash Builder has a feature that allows you to convert a web project to an AIR project.  After you import the project, right-click it in the package explorer, and then choose Add/Change Project Type > Convert to Desktop/Adobe AIR project.

Once you have converted the project to a desktop (AIR) project, you will want to change the Application element to a WindowedApplication element (in the main MXML file).