1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2009 9:04 AM by ryanstewartadobe

Can a Catalyst file become a AIR project in Builder?

IrishAIRMax Level 1

Hi everybody,

I am looking to create an AIR application and wished to use Photoshop & Catalyst for design and Builder for development but I came across a problem. When I import my catalyst file (.fxb) into Builder, it goes straight into a web application and does not give me a choose to make it into a desktop application.

Is this not possible? Or is there some other way to do this so that my catalsy file becomes a desktop project (AIR-RIDA) and not a web project (RIA)?

Thank you all in advance,

IrishAIRMax

• 1. Re: Can a Catalyst file become a AIR project in Builder?
          ryanstewartadobe Adobe Employee

If you right click on the project in Flash Builder and go down to the Add/Change Project type menu you'll see an option that says "Convert to Desktop/Adobe AIR Project". That should do it for you. You just need to make sure to change the root tag from <s:Window /> to <s:WindowedApplication />.

If you want to use your own chrome and not the default chrome that comes with <s:WindowedApplication /> then instead of changing the root tag you have to go in and change the app.xml file and make sure the settings for customChrome and visible are set correctly.

=Ryan

ryan@adobe.com