3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 7:38 AM by newschoolgraphics

Trying to export a custom sized piece to h264 at a smaller dimension

newschoolgraphics

My project is set at 1600px x 287px. I am using audio and video in this piece and I need to export them as one mp4. I set it to render at half for an output of 800 x 144. I wanted to change the output module to H264, but it does nt indicate that it sees that I am trying to redner smaller than my original. When I changes the settings in my render queue to h264 it completely ignores my custom setting. I can't get around this...

I get an error that says:
      After Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin:
      There is a mismatch between Output Module setting and Transcode Settings.
      Please verify your settings and try again.
      In valid framesize/framerate for this Level. Please loewer the frame dimensions, Frame Rate or
      increase the profile and Level and try again.
      Medial02 error: 0xc00b0002
      Frame dimensions out of bounds
      (5027 :: 12)

Any thoughts as to what I can do differently?

Picture 1.png

• 1. Re: Trying to export a custom sized piece to h264 at a smaller dimension
          yenaphe Level 4

You problem is that the h264 profil you selected doesn't support custom size. Most h264 profiles can only support standard video size, like PAL, NTSC or HD.

You can try to change the muxing property too. Try with Profil Main 4.1.

H264 is a very peaky codec so if not is really setup as wanted (and generaly not well documented) it fails. I guess it's going to be trial and errors to get beyond that error.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Trying to export a custom sized piece to h264 at a smaller dimension
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Yepp, as Sébastien said, work with the 4.1 profile level. It's pretty much the only one that allows custom resolutions outside established formats. All others use fixed matrices that cannot cope with this. Be aware, though, that even in some player softwares such clips do not play at all because of the aforementioned behavior. Just as for encoding, playback is often based on highly optimized routines that only work on standardized resolutions. For further finetuning also consider the usual suspects - SUPER©, ffmpeg, MPEG Streamclip. Those would allow you to transcode, ratehr than fully encode from scratch if e.g. you need to tweak data rates or sort out audio issues....

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Trying to export a custom sized piece to h264 at a smaller dimension
              newschoolgraphics Level 1

Thank you for this suggestion. Where do you adjust the Profile Level? Is it in the Render Settings or te Output Module?

Also, I keep getting jagged text too in my final file, but my source is fine. How do you prevent aliasing of text?

Best.