4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 10:03 AM by the_wine_snob

Most Unstable Piece of **** Ever

durham91

Premiere makes it so hard to gert work done with its regular crashing

• 1. Re: Most Unstable Piece of **** Ever
          the_wine_snob Level 9

If you wish to go beyond a rant, that will fall on deaf ears here, you might want to address your problems, plus your system, your Assets and your Project. Without that info, no one can possibly help you. Notice the order of the previous comments. That is about where problems break out: system, Assets and Project. Beyond that, then there are some real Bugs, and also OE to consider.

If you wish to only rant, then the Lounge is a much better place to do so. If you actually want to find ways to fix your problems, then you'll furnish some details. Most users find CS4, as of 4.1, to be stable and very good.

Sorry that you do not,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Most Unstable Piece of **** Ever
            durham91 Level 1

Sorry Frustration.....

i Have a 3.2ghz core 2 duo

Vista Ultimate 32bit

4gb Ram

ATi Radeon HD 3470

i am capturing footage of a cam corder. its in avi format

when i attempt to edit

premiere randomly decides to not repsond...

• 4. Re: Most Unstable Piece of **** Ever
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Though it will be covered in Harm's links, the first thing that I will ask is:

i am capturing footage of a cam corder. its in avi format

Does this mean that you are doing a Capture from within PrPro via FireWire, or via some other means? The word "capture," is often mis-applied, and misunderstood. If you ARE doing the Capture from within PrPro, you SHOULD have DV-AVI Type II files. If you're using some other means/workflow, then these .AVI's might be totally different. If the case is the former, you can safely ignore this LINK. If it's the latter, you might get some useful info from it.

Good luck,

Hunt