4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2009 7:02 AM by Eric Camper

Snow covering text

Eric Camper

I would like to add a snow effect and have the partcles lay on top of my text layer.  And then I would have the text turn into ICE.  If I can do the ICE part in AE, that would be cool, but I can already do it in Photoshop and then just have that layer fade in...But I am always looking for a better way.

Thanx

Camper

• 1. Re: Snow covering text
          yenaphe Level 4

For the particules it can easily be done with Particular. You can use a "floor" layer where your snow particules will stick.

And for the "icing" of your text, if you are happy with the way it looks in Photoshop, you can use it but instead of fading it, you can animate some masks to have a nicer transition.

But you know, as in Photoshop where you have millions of way to do that, it's the same case for AE, so it's difficult to give more precise advice. Depending on the look you try to achieve (photo realistic with translucence and deformations, or just blueish cartoonish) there are million ways to do it.

If you post a pic of you result (with the camera icon to avoid the forum queuing system) maybe we can try to give better advice.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Snow covering text
            bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

You don't need Particular. CC Snow has an alpha interaction function. Or maybe it's Particle Playground.

http://maltaannon.com/tutorials/AfterEffects/ParticlePlaygroundOnIce/

bogiesan

• 3. Re: Snow covering text
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Depends on what you are looking for, i guess, but allow me to throw another option into the pot (at least for the snow caps)

http://aestuff.myleniumstuff.de/?p=163

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Snow covering text
                Eric Camper Level 1

Well...  I have all the pieces...  BUt I want the snow to start at the top and end "roughly" on top of my text...  It doesnt have to be perfect...  NON grafx people will be looking at it and seeing drunken pics of themselves....  So at this point, I am not picky.  LOL...  I have the CC Snow in and the snow fall looks good enough for me...  Any ideas...Thanx

I can start the snowfall....  export to avi...

Then just fade in the snow covered text from PS

Then the ICe text

etc...

Thanx