2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2009 12:48 AM by Mylenium

Using Light as Motion Path for Trapcode Particular

KWNWY

Hi,

I am trying to make an animation for a project, but I cannot figure out some things.  I am trying to create the effect that a person is throwing money out the back of a car.  I have the live shot of the person in the car, but I cannot get the money to behave how I want it to. I am trying to use the Trapcode Particular, but I can't get the particles to follow any motion path.  When I set the settings to motion path, it prompts me to create a light.  I create a light, but can't figure out how to make that light have an actual path rather than simply being a spot light.  Please help! I'm sorry if I don't make any sense, please ask me to clarify if you need it.

Nicole

• 1. Re: Using Light as Motion Path for Trapcode Particular
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you animate the position of the light? Did you name the light Emitter?

Have you seen the Trapcode Tutorials?

There's also an extensive help system that you can access from the ECW then Options then Help

• 2. Re: Using Light as Motion Path for Trapcode Particular
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

KWNWY wrote:

I am trying to use the Trapcode Particular, but I can't get the particles to follow any motion path. ...

Because you are doing it all wrong! If you wanted to use the Motion Path option in the Air physics model, your light would have to be exactly named like that - Motion Path 01. It's not what you want, though. I'm 100% certain of that. You are looking to create a conventional light emitter, which is a whole different thing. For that, your light should be named Emitter (or whatever other prefix you define in the plug-ins Options/ Settings panel). Then you must set the emitter type to Light. If you use spot lights and want your money to emit directionally, you need to set the emitter to Directional as well. Apart from that, Particular will use the light's color, cone angle and intensity to colorize and eject the particles. After that, you can animate the light in 3D space to whatever you need it to do.

Mylenium