3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 4:55 PM by the_wine_snob

Minor Text Problem

Rich_P7 Level 1

Hi I made some text which I am hapy with for my video. All of the text is black. On one of the text titles I have made the text is surrounded by a white outline. I have tried, but I can't work out how to remove the outline. Would someone please tell me how to do it? I presume I must have accidently clicked something when I made that particular one, but I can't work out what! Thank you :)

Rich

• 1. Re: Minor Text Problem
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Rich,

In Titler, Select the text box, and then choose a Style without a Stroke to it. Depending on which Style you choose, you may need to reset your font.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Minor Text Problem
            Rich_P7 Level 1

Thank you. That worked ok. I am a bit worried though, because when I was trying to fix it before - I deleted one of the styles - can I get it back again? I right clicked on it, and selected 'delete'. At the time I was hoping it might fix the problem, but it was obviously the wrong approach.

Rich

• 3. Re: Minor Text Problem
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Rich,

The only three things that I can think of would be to recreate that particular Style and then Save Style, or try a Repair Install, if it was one of the default Styles, that ship with PE. The last would be to get a copy of the "default.prsl" file and also the necessry Style thumbnail. These are in .png format and are the tiny images that one sees in Titler. Now, if you have additional Styles that you have saved, I'm not positive what might happen to those, but I believe that they are saved into "workingset.prsl."

Now, if you do not have a bunch of Saved Styles, you might want to look in Premiere Elements\Presets\Styles and then Copy "default.prsl" to your Documents\Adobe?Premiere Elements\[Version #]\Styles folder, and rename it "workingset.prsl." Do save a copy of all of the .prsl files to a safe area, in case you need to replace with these.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful