1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 10:28 AM by brilliantimageproductions

HDV Export to tape - drop frame

arnohk

I noticed that when I try to export my HDV project to tape, it has drop frame. The drop frames appear randomly when I try to export the same project again. The symptom is, when I playback the tape, the timecode freeze for about 0.5-1 second. I have tried to render the sequence before export, I have also tried to export the whole sequence into a MPEG-2 compressed file and export this from a new sequence. All have drop frame issue, but appear at different timecode, and, randomly.

My setup is CS3 to Sony HVR-M15P deck.

Anyone has similar experience before? Please share.

Thanks a lot.

• 1. Re: HDV Export to tape - drop frame
          brilliantimageproductions

I have the same problem. I have CS4 using Sony HVR-M10U deck. There are random drop frames on the tape. I thought it was just a tape issue, so I tried 4 different tapes with different manufacturers but the problem still appears.

This is what is happening. I try to export my HDV project to tape, it has drop frames that appear randomly at different time codes. The timecode freeze for about 0.5-1 second. If I re-record on the same tape, the drop frame appears at a different time code on the same tape or on a different tape.

It looks like no one at adobe knows what is happening or ways to solve the problem. This is really frastrating when I have a date line to meet. I'm working on a PC operating on Windows Vista 64Bit. I have 8GB of RAM. All other programs are closed during export to tape.

I have a HP PC with Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33Ghz

Please someone help! My business is going under!!