3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 10:31 PM by kglad

Thread implementation

Sreelash Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to implement threads in actionscript 2?

• 1. Re: Thread implementation
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

actionscript is single-threaded.  there's no work-around for that.

that said, what are you trying to do that makes you think you need multi-threaded code execution?

• 2. Re: Thread implementation
            Sreelash Level 1

Hi,

Now i am implementing an image scroller. But now the client had reported that it's taking few seconds to load the scroller component after the page has been loaded. That means it's taking time to load images. Now what i had done on scroller is that i made the visibility of movieclip loading images to false till all the images have been loaded. At that time i am showing a preloader. The visiblilty is setting to true and scrolling starts after all the images have been loaded. So the component area seems to be blank with a preloader till all the images have been loaded. So i am planning to start the scrolling after four images have been loaded and also when the scrolling starts, the remaining images have to be loaded parallelly. Hope you got me. Also when I loaded the scroller from our local site, its not taking that much time. I have attached the widget of scroller with this mail.

Regards,

Sreelash.S.

• 3. Re: Thread implementation
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

loading is asynchronous so multi-threading isn't helpful.

the problem is the delay of a few seconds before your preloader becomes visible?  if so, don't export your classes in the first frame (and don't try and use any classes until they're available -  including components).

1 person found this helpful