5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2009 8:53 AM by cnewroth

'Tracking' taken out of RichText tag?

cnewroth

Morning,

I just installed the engrdrop of FB4 (v.4.0.0.239344), and when i imported my FC project, the RichText tags had the method of 'tracking' and a value of -4%. went to compile this and run. and got errors on the complie saying that tracking as not a method anymore. ?? it is not in the available code hinting, yets it is 'supposed' to be part of the CSS inherited propertys and in the docs if you pull up help file on RichText. Havent tried doing the tutorial to see if FC will put that property/method in when it makes the fxp file. But will try that in a few. One other thing; when i did take the 'tracking' out of all the richtext tags, and then out of 'textinput1.mxml' (yes there was one in it), then compiled the file to run / test it broke, sorta. Yes, it compiles and runs first time through, and you can do a search, but then if you try to enter in anyother s'search' criteria in the input box, you get(well i do)the below error in browser.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at spark.primitives::RichText/textHasLineBreaks()[E:\dev\trunk\frameworks\projects\flex4\src \spark\primitives\RichText.as:795]
      at spark.primitives::RichText/createTextFlow()[E:\dev\trunk\frameworks\projects\flex4\src\sp ark\primitives\RichText.as:737]
      at spark.primitives::RichText/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::composeTextLines()[E:\dev\trunk\frameworks\pro jects\flex4\src\spark\primitives\RichText.as:849]
      at spark.primitives.supportClasses::TextGraphicElement/measure()[E:\dev\trunk\frameworks\pro jects\flex4\src\spark\primitives\supportClasses\TextGraphicElement.as:661]
      at spark.primitives.supportClasses::GraphicElement/measureSizes()[E:\dev\trunk\frameworks\pr ojects\flex4\src\spark\primitives\supportClasses\GraphicElement.as:3174]
      at spark.primitives.supportClasses::GraphicElement/validateSize()[E:\dev\trunk\frameworks\pr ojects\flex4\src\spark\primitives\supportClasses\GraphicElement.as:3131]
      at spark.components::Group/validateSize()[E:\dev\trunk\frameworks\projects\flex4\src\spark\c omponents\Group.as:757]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateSize()[E:\dev\trunk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\ mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:617]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[E:\dev\trunk\frameworks\projects\frame work\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:733]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()[E:\dev\trunk\frameworks\projec ts\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:1067]
      at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
      at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

well, this used to work okay...so something has changed? (see bug 20495 that i posted). Was trying to see if this build fixed that. hummm?

Any thoughts?

Craig