6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2009 6:31 AM by flytowngal

Duplicate screen captures

flytowngal

I'm curious why my RoboHelp projects duplicate my .gif images into .jpg images so that there are two of each image, one a .gif and one a jpg.  Is there a setting I should turn off?  It just seems that it make my projects that much larger and takes longer to compile.

• 1. Re: Duplicate screen captures
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional

What version of RH and what flavour? (RH8? RH HTML or RH for Word)

Are you talking about the source files or the output.

Do both show in Project Manager? If so double click each and see if they are linked to different topics.

Is this a project you have created or inherited? If the former, have you changed what you use for screen captures?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

• 2. Re: Duplicate screen captures
            flytowngal Level 1

Thanks for the response, Peter.

I'm using RH version 7 and creating RH HTML.  The images do not appear in the project itself, but in the project files in Explorer.  I use SnagIt as my tool for screen captures and keep it set to save them as .gif files.  So I can't figure out how all the .jpg files of the same capture got into the project.

This is a project I created from scratch, so I've been in control of all the files.  I can't ever recall saving or inserting a .jpg file.

Maggie Prince

Senior Technical Writer

The Cincinnati Insurance Companies

513-870-2000 ext 6112

maggie_prince@cinfin.com

"It's never too late to be who you might have been."

George Eliot

Confidentiality notice: The information included in this e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and protected. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or similar action is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the original message immediately.

• 3. Re: Duplicate screen captures
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional

I suspect that if you look at Tools > Reports > Unused Files, you will see them listed there. You can delete the unused ones. See if others appear when you add new files and then you might work out what is going on.

Don't include your email address in posts to any forums, unless you need a new drugs supplier! The spammers harvest forums.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

• 4. Re: Duplicate screen captures
                flytowngal Level 1

I have Hide selected in my RH Forum profile for my e-mail.  I'm not sure why it shows up.  Do I need to remove it somewhere else?

• 5. Re: Duplicate screen captures
                  RoboColum(n) Level 5

I believe Peter was referring to the signature in one of your recent posts. Perhaps you responded by email and your default sig file was automatically included?

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

• 6. Re: Duplicate screen captures
                    flytowngal Level 1

Yeah, Looking below, I can see what you mean.  Thanks for the tip!

Maggie Prince

Senior Technical Writer

The Cincinnati Insurance Companies

513-870-2000 ext 6112

"It's never too late to be who you might have been."

George Eliot

Confidentiality notice: The information included in this e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and protected. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or similar action is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the original message immediately.