4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2009 1:33 PM by John T Smith

C-Media USB Audio device not recognized

unserkind

Hello

I have a USB Microphone that is installed as "C-Media USB Audio Device". It works fine with other applications under Windows XP SP3 only PE7 Trial doesn't recognize the device when I try to make comments to the video. Any ideas?

Rgds.

• 1. Re: C-Media USB Audio device not recognized
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Generally, USB microphones do not work with Premiere Elements.

Short of buying a standard jack mic, you can record into Windows Audio Recorder or Audacity, save the file as a WAV and import it into your Premiere Elements project.

• 2. Re: C-Media USB Audio device not recognized
            Paul_LS Level 4

Click on the little microphone icon in the upper right corner of the Narration panel. This will open up your microphone settings.However Premiere Elements can be a bit "hit or miss" with USB microphones. Better to use one that plugs into your microphone port on your computer.

Sounds like you dont have to go into Windows and turn on your microphone as other programs are using it.

If you need to go into Start/Control Panel, select Sounds and Audio Devices. Then click the Advanced button on the Device Volume under the Volume tab. This will open the audio levels panel for all of your computer's audio devices. Ensure that the Microphone is not muted and that its volume is all the way up.

• 3. Re: C-Media USB Audio device not recognized
              unserkind Level 1

Thanksthat was really quick.

Is this on a to do list for PE8?

I will try a Behringer mic with tube amp but I asume that one won't have such a good sound as the mPod has.

Rgds.

• 4. Re: C-Media USB Audio device not recognized
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a USER group (only the space is provided by Adobe) not Adobe support

Plus... Adobe does not announce product plans in advance... so I doubt that anybody here knows Adobe's plans for USB (and, if they do since they are a Beta testor... they will have signed an NDA and can't talk)