should I file a bug report in the tracker or are you ?
(BTW: really appreciate all your hard work and great example code on your blog. I've used a lot of it <8-)
very interesting !
I swapped out the HTTPService method for a straight URLLoader and that works fine.
So, I'm guessing that maybe the Gumbo compiler is hanging on to the URL being used in the development environment (I don't know anything about compilers... but the conversion of the HTTPService url property to something that includes localhost:port# sounds like it)
thanks for the input
I am having the same issue on one of my computers. Cound you tell us how you swapped out the HTTPService method for a straight URLLoader?
here's the code that contains both the HTTPService setup and the URLLoader setup... like i said in the original post.. the HTTPService call throws the error described, whereas the URLLoader call does not:
private var loader : URLLoader = new URLLoader();
private var req : URLRequest = new URLRequest("data/***dant_content.xml");//path obfuscated
protected function Application_creationComplete():void
// This works...
loader.addEventListener( Event.COMPLETE, parseContent );
loader.addEventListener( IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, contentFault );
// This does not...
/* contentService.addEventListener( ResultEvent.RESULT, parseContent );
contentService.addEventListener(FaultEvent.FAULT, contentFault ); */
loader.load( req );
Alert.show("In Try Catch Error Block: " + err.message);
the HTTPService was set up like this: (again, i obfuscate the URLs for security)
<s:HTTPService id="contentService" url="data/***dant_content.xml" method="POST" useProxy="false" resultFormat="e4x" />
the parseContent function setup in the event listener justs reads the XML file and uses that data to build an image gallery.
hope this helps (for what its worth: I'm not doing anything serious with Gumbo as of yet due to these kinds of bugs)
Thanks much for your reply. I am working with it...