2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2009 12:28 PM by logoskreations

IE blocks popups & restarts flash movie... workaround?

logoskreations

so I have buttons that launch a new html page via:   getURL("xxxx.html", "_blank");

but users have to approve Internet Explorer (and the like) to approve popups.. when they do it restarts the flash movie - namely restarting the whole site..  Are there any workarounds?  do i have any options?

Thanks in advance... because this is really annoying me.

J.

• 1. Re: IE blocks popups & restarts flash movie... workaround?
          jfraze Level 1

It's fairly customary to have a button on the opening page to "skip intro" or something along those lines so viewers don't have to sit through the whole animation every time the page refreshes. (But maybe I've misunderstood the problem you're having.)

• 2. Re: IE blocks popups & restarts flash movie... workaround?
            logoskreations Level 1

Yes, I have this skip intro button.  But there is still a little lead into my main page.  (about 15 secs or so).  So when users would click on an image which was to load into another blank IE window, it restarts the entire flash movie over again - so users have to "skip intro" again.. and wait the 15 sec lead in to my page.   Wondering if there is a javascript I can call from my flash movie so that IE won't try to block it? 

Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:28:45 -0600

To: logoskreations@hotmail.com

Subject: IE blocks popups & restarts flash movie... workaround?

It's fairly customary to have a button on the opening page to "skip intro" or something along those lines so viewers don't have to sit through the whole animation every time the page refreshes. (But maybe I've misunderstood the problem you're having.)

>