1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 24, 2009 4:31 PM by Jeff Schewe

How do I stop camera raw adjusting contrast and brightness automatically when I open any image

mazzasazza

Every time I open in image in camera raw or Photoshop it is applying an automatic contrast and brightness setting. I have tried resetting to defaults with cntrl shft del but it doesn't make a difference. It also when I just flick through thumbnails on bridge. The pics look almost like they have a cartoon like filter on them!!any ideas on how I get it all back to normal it's been great in the past . I use cs3

• 1. Re: How do I stop camera raw adjusting contrast and brightness automatically when I open any image
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Short answer, learn how to use the tool...

As for the "auto" adjustments, are you sure that's what's happening or are the images changing based on the differences between what the camera preview and the Camera Raw preview look like? If you have indeed somehow turned on the "Auto" adjustment and saved that out as a Camera Raw default, you can go into the Camera Raw flyout menu and choose the option to Reset Camera Raw Defaults. If however you are talking about the inherent differences between the way your camera renders raw and the way Camera Raw renders it, that's an entirely different discussion...

As for your other question, try rephrasing it as it doesn't mean a thing to me so I have no idea how to answer...