• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving email Orders to database

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out how to save a complicated email to a database. It is actually an invoice. This has session variables and pulled database variables in the email. Basically, in theory I can go in and do a

<cfset emailBody="<table> <tr> <td>" & #coldfusionVariable# &" </td></tr></table>">

But this is very simplistic demo - My invoice is very complicated. What I am hoping is there is a way to dump the email body into a database and then bring it back later by just dumping it into html.

I have had several cusotomers complain about not getting emails ( orders ) for one reason or another. I process them now by saving each order and order details and session variables, but it gets really complicated when I try to do any updating. I don't undertand that if you can change out the <cfmail> tags and input <cfoutput> tags and see your email - why can't you dump that html to a database?

There's gotta be a way.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
What's your Coldfusion version? Database server? Could you show a realistic example of the kind of email you wish to dump?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation