3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2009 9:11 AM by nzitser

Problem with titles

nzitser

hey, I have a simple question and I hope you guys can help my find a simple answer.

I'm making a movie for a film class and I need opening and closing titles, as well as credit rolls to be in Hebrew.

The problem is, whenever i try to write something in hebrew in the title field all i get are boxes instead of letters.

I'd really appreciate any help on this matter

thanks

Also, is there any way to write from right to left instead of left to right, because in other adobe programs you have to write what you want from the beggining to the end as there is no right to left writing.

thanks

• 1. Re: Problem with titles
          the_wine_snob Level 9

First, you will need a Hebrew font installed on your system. See this PrPro wiki FAQ for Arabic characters. Hebrew is very likely to be similar.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Problem with titles
            nzitser Level 1

okay,I downloaded the hebrew font and that works fine now. Thanks

however, it still writes backwards

instead of writing שלום

it write םולש

is there any way to change the font direction to Right-to-Left?

thanks

• 3. Re: Problem with titles
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Probably too long since I read the wiki articles on text flow and direction, but thought that it was covered in there.

Also, there are several threads on the forum about text flow and direction. Most were for Arabic type, but much should still apply. Do not recall the actual solutions though. I would have thought that Eddie would have gathered parts from those for the wiki, but maybe not. All of these articles were quite a bit older, so you need to do the search from within the fora. Google will still have the old, dead links and be of little use. However, there might well be many articles on this in other fora, which should have good links.

Also look in the Encore forum, and especially the Subtitles sub-forum. Seems there were some articles there.

Good luck,

Hunt