3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2008 8:15 AM by The Gunslinger

Save All Fails to Save All

Has anybody else encountered the following?

In Win XP SP3, in RH HTML 7.02.001, I open a project. Inside the project, I open several topics. Inside each topic, I open a Drop-Down Hotspot. Inside each hotspot, I insert some text. When I am done, all of the topics are unsaved and all of the hotspots are open. I click Save All.

I expect that clicking Save All will close all of the hotspots and save all of the open topics.

However, clicking Save All results in only one hotspot closing and one topic being saved; namely, the one in the active tab (i.e., the tab in the foreground). The open topics in inactive tabs (i.e., the tabs in the background) are not saved and the hotspots within them do not close.

This seems like a bug to me. What to you think?
        • 1. Re: Save All Fails to Save All
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Hi there

Yep, I'd call it a bug. But to be fair, I'm sure that particular situation was never really considered. I'm not sure I'd ever even think to test that particular scenario myself. To be honest, I personally avoid interacting with the DHTML window any more than I have to. I do all my editing in the main part of the topic. Once I have the text as I want it, I select it and cut it to the Windows clipboard. Then I paste it into the DHTML window so I don't have to deal with it any more than I have to.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Save All Fails to Save All
            Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
            Interestingly when you close the project, it realises the topics are unsaved and prompts, then it does save any pending changes.

There's the bug report link.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

• 3. Re: Save All Fails to Save All
              Level 1
              Rick, I agree with your assessment about testing. It is difficult to imagine and test for every possible scenario.

I like your approach to dealing with DHTML. I usually do the same when creating dropdown hotspots. In this situation, however, the hotspots already existed.

Peter, after reading your post, I repeated my scenario except this time I closed project instead of saving all. I was pleasantly surprised to see that all hotspots closed and all topics were saved. Until a fix is released, this is a good workaround. It was both quick and simple. Thank you.