1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2009 3:53 PM by Reel2Real

Complicated CS3 transfer and Upgrade

Reel2Real

I work for a company (we will call this company A), who recently bought another company (we will call this company B). Now, company B got out of the Prepress business a couple of years ago (however all the equipment remained in house <just unused>) and just focused on other aspects of their manufacturing. Now, Company A bought Company B and decided that they want to bring Prepress Back in house. And Lucky Me I get to run it, however all of the software/hardware is out of date - But not too far out I found a G5 with cs3 installed on it......

SOOOOOO, I want to upgrade this to CS4 (as well as transfer it over to another computer)- NOW the complicated part.....( OH BTW i dont have the boxes for these products or any documentation ) After a couple of calls to ADOBE, I heard a bunch of stories on what I should do, who i should contact, what kind of information they require and some even say that its not possible - (BUT MY COMPANY OWNS THE SOFTWARE !!!!), but everyones story is a little different, and I can never get a straight answer from any of the,... everyone delays the issue and tries to get off the phone with me ASAP. So Now Im getting a little frustrated that the customer support is very dodgy and cant give me any answers...

Is there anyone out there that can explain to me what I can do to get this to go through...... Let me know... Thanks.