• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WMV to FLV

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm using Captivate 3 for e-learning.   I have some wmv files that I want to enclude so I used my CS3 Flash Video Encorder to changethe mnv to a flv.  However, I do not see the metadata file or the gui file that I have read out here that is needed.  Is there something else I need to do or another program I should be using.

Just for some background, I can see the video in preview in web browser.  However, when I put it on my LMS it does not show up at all. 

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not sure how a LMS handles FLV content. I know that some LMS' use a ZIP package. You may need to manually ensure the FLV is included inside the ZIP. There may be other ways to indicate to the LMS that additional content is present.

If I were in your shoes, I'd test things by simply uploading to a Web Site. See if the video plays that way. Once you are certain things should work, it then becomes a matter of determining what you need to do to coax the LMS to present it properly. This may require visiting a forum that is dedicated to those specific LMS users.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, we just tried downloading to the server and no go.  We have the question out the IT folks on if the the server is runing Windows 2003, if so we know there is not hope.   If it does not run on the Windows 2003 software, do you know of a program that will convert over to the flv and give the meadata?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In my 50 some odd trips around the sun I've learned things are seldom as hopeless as one may think.

Are you aware of the article linked below?

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick,

Going to look this over and see I can this puppy to work!!!!!

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources