4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2009 4:46 PM by Chunick

director 11.5 activex

bullzyz

Hi guys, i'm trying to change visibility of ana WMP activex control so that it's shows when i click on a button,

i used the sprite().visible property in the script but, problem is that change never happens until i stop the movie!!

the same thing doesn't happen with other sprites on the stage, they appear and disappear instantaneously!!!

am i missing someting!!

and another problem is that that WMP activex is always on top of everything else on the stage no matter is it's order!!

i would appreciate any help on that!!

• 1. Re: director 11.5 activex
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

ActiveX sprites always run direct-to-stage, meaning they don't layer with other sprites according to score channels, nor does .visible work. You are better to move the sprite to a location well off-screen when you need to hide it, and put it back when you need to show it.

• 2. Re: director 11.5 activex
            bullzyz Level 1

thanx for your helpful reply and info, very interresting approach, i guess that is exactly what i should do, although a bit messy.

If could ask another question here related to activex; do the destination systems that the projector would run need to have this activex control installed or does it get bundled with the projector published file. i think all new windows systems already have the WMP ocx but what about older ones! ?

Thanx in advance!

• 3. Re: director 11.5 activex
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

do the destination systems that the projector would run need to have this activex control installed

Yes - the AX control needs to be pre-installed. You might find an installer for the required version of WMP on MS's site somewhere

• 4. Re: director 11.5 activex
                Chunick Level 3

bullzyz wrote:

thanx for your helpful reply and info, very interresting approach, i guess that is exactly what i should do, although a bit messy.

If could ask another question here related to activex; do the destination systems that the projector would run need to have this activex control installed or does it get bundled with the projector published file. i think all new windows systems already have the WMP ocx but what about older ones! ?

Thanx in advance!

Here's the web page that will get you started on the wonderful journey of obtaining a license to distribute the windows media player installer with your software: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/licensing/distribute.aspx