0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2009 9:22 AM by TalCCC

I sometimes get an error using Adobe's AIR.swf API when checking if AIR is installed using the getStatus method

TalCCC

Adobe AIR swf's getStatus method mistakenly returns "available" when AIR is installed, any one knows how to solve it?

I coded an ActionScript class that loads the air.swf from the adobe site (http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/browserapi/air.swf), checks if AIR is installed, checks the version of the AIR application and launches the application. Code attached.
      I included the AS file in a flash file and embedded it in a web page
      When clicking the embedded swf file, the getStatus method is called
      Results: Usually the getStatus method returns "installed" and the AIR application is invoked. But every so often the getStatus method returns "available" and it continues to do so until I execute the AIR installation file that informs me: AIR is already installed. Only after that the swf file resumes the expected behavior.
      Expected results: getStatus method returns "installed" and the AIR application is invoked all the timeAdobe AIR swf's getStatus method mistakenly returns "available" when AIR is installed

This is a big and urgent issue for me. A solution will be much appriciated.

Thanks.