12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 9:34 PM by sjsicilia

illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip

sjsicilia Level 1

I have searched everywhere on both the net and the adobe website and there is no solution for this problem.  I have tried all suggestions, aside from reformatting my hard drive and loading everything from scratch. I have Adobe CS3 Master Collection which we paid quite a bit for and I find these errors and mistakes outrageous.  I have a Zune and I still hve to disable the launch using the Vista Task Manager in order to get PDF files to save using any progrm within the suite.

All of a sudden one day, I started getting the following error: Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip

I have tried using the CS3 Script clean up tool, even at level 2. I have gone through and got rid of any vestiges of folders or files that have to do with Adobe CS3 Master Collection.  Nothing works.  The only thing that did work that I refuse to do is to make another User Account and use that account just for Illustrator so I have to switch users back and forth to send e-mails and such.

What is the fix for this?  Is Adobe paying attention?

Any words of wisdom?  I have read that even after paying the $39.95 for help from Adobe, they still dont have a solution.   Is t his a ploy to make some money off of fees during this economy?

• 1. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
          Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

If a new user account worked then it is not likely your systems install or a bad install of Illustrator but instead a conflict and or a corruption of something specific to your current account.

Here are soome of the things it can be

corrupt preference folder, the whole users preference folder.

corrupt Illustrator Settings folder located somewhere in the Documents and Settings

a corrupt or conflicting plug in from a thrid party which is what it sounds like.

a corrupt font(s) or font data base(s) or both

a corrupt color or monitor profile (this once happened to me)

a conflicting haxie

an update to something on your user account

conflicting software on the mac it is usually entourage or Quicken but they usually interfere with the keyboard shortcuts

and on the pc world of course a virus that is affecting your user account because it has only found your password on that accountasand which you obtained via browser or e-mail.

The last and very unpopular amongst the pc world is a permissions problem in the pc world they always find a work around thuis issue rather than face the fact and why Adobe may have given up at this point.

There can be other reasons. The reason Adobe could not find it is the problem on the pc is often denial that this is user induced it also a problem but to less a degree on the Mac.

Maintaining your system is important.

For instance have you set your scratch to a hard drive hat has a lot of free space do you have scratch other than your start up disk?

How much RAM do you have these are less likely to be the problem since the new user account works.

If you want to get his running again try a few things and tell us what did not work and perhaps we can help with nrrowing it down.

• 2. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

sjsicilia wrote:

What is the fix for this?  Is Adobe paying attention?

They are, but not to rants, if that is what you want to know. Moaning and groaning will not get you anywhere and fees for specific support are not uncommon, either, and have been there ever since I can remember. Anyway, as Wade said, something is hosed up. Now it's kinda cute when he refers to haxies, which is a Mac thing, but I would rule that out. That leaves us with the prefs, which are in C:\Documents and Settings\[your name]\Application Data\Adobe\Illustrator CS3 on Win XP or in C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Illustrator CS3 on Win Vista. In the same app data directories you would alsobe able to find the AdobFnt.lst files, which may corrupt your stuff. They can safely be deleted, as any Adobe app wil lrevuild them if required. The rest sounds too specific. Color profiles are possible, but if you don't use custom ones, it would not be relevant. If it's a specific plug-in, then the logical conclusion is to remove the third-party tool and try to launch without it. Checking the vendor's website may also help, such conflicts are usually known and quickly remedied by newer versions of the plug-in. As for your Zune - most likely utterly unrelated to anything Adobe does. Check your auto-start settings and make your Windows Indexing Service behave. You can also turn off Acrobat Quick Launcher in your Services on the odd chance it may stil lbe responsible...

Mylenium

• 3. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
              Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

I forgot Printer drivers can cause this see if you have latest drivers 

and see if you even have a default printer.

• 4. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
                sjsicilia Level 1

Thanks everyone I will try all suggestions and will report on each one. BTW ranting I am not, If I ran my company this way, wasting other company's or individual time, i would be out of business.  No software should not work because you've done a Window' update, etc. and if let's say a Windows update does cause a problem or you know there is a bug or something, you dont tell your customer's that best possible solutuion is to open a new User Account and use Illustrator that way. Oh well.

Anyway, I will report on each step i take and will let you know, for now I am going back and forth Switching Users........

• 5. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
                  sjsicilia Level 1

Okay all, here is what I have tried; re-installed printer drivers,nothing, then:

I went to C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Illustrator CS3 Settings on Win Vista.

Found the following folders:  Brushes, Composite Fonts, Graphics Styles, Kinsoku, MojiKumi, New Document Profiles, Plug-ins, Swatches, Symbols, Workspaces.  All folders were empty except for the New Document Profiles which had the following: Basic CMYK, Basic RGB, Mobile and Devices,

Print, Video and Film and Web, as I said these are document files which I deleted before this re-installation and nothing. Same error as above.

The three files listed in the Illustrator CS3 Settings folders are: AI Color Settings, AIMenuFaceCache and IllustratorFnt.lst.  I deleted all three, IllustratorFnt.lst rebuilds immediately when I Open Illustrator CS3, however, the other two dont seems to rebuild until I receive the Microsoft Windows alert:  a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the rpgoram and notify you if a solution is available.  You'd think with the many times that this program has shut down automatically, someone would have a solution by  now!

There is no AdobeFnt.lst file as specified by Mylenium.

corrupt preference folder, the whole users preference folder: I do not see an AI.Preferences folder in this area neither, and when I reopen Illustrator there is still no Preferences folder.  Dont know how to get to the whole users preferences folder.  I have a done Search for Preferences*.* and I only get entries for ACT! 2008 CMR which we have installed here.

corrupt Illustrator Settings folder located somewhere in the Documents and Settings No, this does not seem to do anything, If I delete the entire contents under Illustrator CS3 Settings.

a corrupt or conflicting plug in from a thrid party which is what it sounds like.  Nothing in the plug-ins (Illustrator CS3 folder) and I haven't downloaded a third party.  I do see the plugins that this mentioned in this error: ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip in the following C: Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS3\Plugsin\Extensions, but the system will NOT let me remove them.

a corrupt font(s) or font data base(s) or both.  Removed all possible fonts that the system would let me, and still nothing.

a corrupt color or monitor profile (this once happened to me)  Do not use Custom monitor nor color profies.

a conflicting haxie  running a PC

an update to something on your user account Hmmm all I have done are the recommended updates to Vista

conflicting software on the mac it is usually entourage or Quicken but they usually interfere with the keyboard shortcuts.  On a PC.

and on the pc world of course a virus that is affecting your user account because it has only found your password on that accounts and which you obtained via browser or e-mail.  Ran a full system virus scan and nothing.

The last and very unpopular amongst the pc world is a permissions problem in the pc world they always find a work around thuis issue rather than face the fact and why Adobe may have given up at this point.  Turned off the UAC account, but your right, when I tried to delete the mentioned plugins in the errror, it said i didnt have the permissions.

There can be other reasons. The reason Adobe could not find it is the problem on the pc is often denial that this is user induced it also a problem but to less a degree on the Mac.

Maintaining your system is important. I do regular scans and things.

For instance have you set your scratch to a hard drive hat has a lot of free space do you have scratch other than your start up disk? Have a huge hard disk and 4 gb of DDR3 ram. 
                  How much RAM do you have these are less likely to be the problem since the new user account works.

If you want to get his running again try a few things and tell us what did not work and perhaps we can help with nrrowing it down.

PLEASE HELP YOU GUYS, THIS IS VERY BIZARRE, WHY WOULD ONE SEPARATE USER ACCOUNT WORK AND THE OTHER NOT.  THEY BOTH PULL OFF OF THE SAME PROGRAM FILE FOLDER RIGHT?

• 6. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
                    sjsicilia Level 1

Okay all, here is what I have tried; re-installed printer drivers,nothing, then:

I went to C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Illustrator CS3 Settings on Win Vista.

Found the following folders:  Brushes, Composite Fonts, Graphics Styles, Kinsoku, MojiKumi, New Document Profiles, Plug-ins, Swatches, Symbols, Workspaces.  All folders were empty except for the New Document Profiles which had the following: Basic CMYK, Basic RGB, Mobile and Devices,

Print, Video and Film and Web, as I said these are document files which I deleted before this re-installation and nothing. Same error as above.

The three files listed in the Illustrator CS3 Settings folders are: AI Color Settings, AIMenuFaceCache and IllustratorFnt.lst.  I deleted all three, IllustratorFnt.lst rebuilds immediately when I Open Illustrator CS3, however, the other two dont seems to rebuild until I receive the Microsoft Windows alert:  a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the rpgoram and notify you if a solution is available.  You'd think with the many times that this program has shut down automatically, someone would have a solution by  now!

There is no AdobeFnt.lst file as specified by Mylenium.

corrupt preference folder, the whole users preference folder: I do not see an AI.Preferences folder in this area neither, and when I reopen Illustrator there is still no Preferences folder.  Dont know how to get to the whole users preferences folder.  I have a done Search for Preferences*.* and I only get entries for ACT! 2008 CMR which we have installed here.

corrupt Illustrator Settings folder located somewhere in the Documents and Settings No, this does not seem to do anything, If I delete the entire contents under Illustrator CS3 Settings.

a corrupt or conflicting plug in from a thrid party which is what it sounds like.  Nothing in the plug-ins (Illustrator CS3 folder) and I haven't downloaded a third party.  I do see the plugins that this mentioned in this error: ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip in the following C: Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS3\Plugsin\Extensions, but the system will NOT let me remove them.

a corrupt font(s) or font data base(s) or both.  Removed all possible fonts that the system would let me, and still nothing.

a corrupt color or monitor profile (this once happened to me)  Do not use Custom monitor nor color profies.

a conflicting haxie  running a PC

an update to something on your user account Hmmm all I have done are the recommended updates to Vista

conflicting software on the mac it is usually entourage or Quicken but they usually interfere with the keyboard shortcuts.  On a PC.

and on the pc world of course a virus that is affecting your user account because it has only found your password on that accounts and which you obtained via browser or e-mail.  Ran a full system virus scan and nothing.

The last and very unpopular amongst the pc world is a permissions problem in the pc world they always find a work around thuis issue rather than face the fact and why Adobe may have given up at this point.  Turned off the UAC account, but your right, when I tried to delete the mentioned plugins in the errror, it said i didnt have the permissions.

Maintaining your system is important. I do regular scans and things.

For instance have you set your scratch to a hard drive hat has a lot of free space do you have scratch other than your start up disk? Have a huge hard disk and 4 gb of DDR3 ram. 

PLEASE HELP YOU GUYS, THIS IS VERY BIZARRE, WHY WOULD ONE SEPARATE USER ACCOUNT WORK AND THE OTHER NOT.  THEY BOTH PULL OFF OF THE SAME PROGRAM FILE FOLDER RIGHT?

• 7. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
                      sjsicilia Level 1

Oh and by the way, If I use the program with the other user account specially to run Illustrator, the program opens no problem.

• 8. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
                        Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

You are not following instructions you are making things up.

Don't make decisions abut what you think you know if you want help.

The folder called Illustrator Settings has to be moved from that 

directory or trashed it will do know one any good if you leave it there.

You can always move it back though a new fresh folder will be created.

Just move the folder apparently you do not have a preferences folder 

which would actually be named "Adobe Illustrator CS3 Settings."

However since Mylenium suggest that the previously mentioned 

Illustrator Settings is the directory that has to be moved then move 

that.

We are talking also about the virus software as being the culprit.

But I have to admit I am certain that I cannot help you. Wish you luck.

• 9. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
                          sjsicilia Level 1

Not only are you rude and unintellectual, but you need to read better.

I did everything you told me, if you didn't know what you were talking about that is a totally different story.

Athe Adobe Creative CS3 Settings folders was completely moved in the past, it did not help, did you not read also where the folders in this Directory were empty and I removed the three files in that folder and they rebult and still nothing.

So, next time, before you make a judgemental comment because you feel threatened and or unappreciated that you suggestoins did not help, take it as such.  You're suggestions didn't help solve the problem, and that is that.

Virus software find viruses, and if you meant the virus software itself, be clear, be conscise, be a teacher, a giver, not an insulting nut.

• 10. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
                            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, if it works on a fresh account, then it most certainly is a permissions problem. I would recommend you check the inheritence rules for your Illustrator install and its sub-folders. It seems like the permissions did get reset or were not set from the start. Right-click the folder, choose Properties, then go to the Security tab. You should see System, Administrators and your user group listed as having full access. if not, enable those options. In addition, you can manually add your user name on the Advanced options. On the same Advanced tab, check the option to inherit parent directory permissions. If there's a mismatch and you try to toggle it, you will get warnings. Allow the operating system to reset the permissions then. Repeat the steps for all sub-folders and your local configuration folder until everything is right. Of course, you can simply use the new account and save you all the trouble. Use the Files & Settings Transfer Wizard from your Accessories program group to get specific settings over to the new account...

Mylenium

• 11. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
                              Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

like I said I can't help you but perhaps some one else is will to try.

But you should re read what you just wrote.

• 12. Re: illustrator cs3 headache! Error loading plugins. ColorHarmony.aip DxfDwg.aip FHImprot.ap PNGFileFormat.aip TracingSuite.aip TrcingUI.aip
                                sjsicilia Level 1

Mylenium - Genius!

Since Adobe did work in the new User Account.  I did exactly what he told me which was use the Files and Transfer Wizard in my Vista Operating System and I only transfered the App Settings which is basically Microsoft Outlook and my Document folder which had the profiles etc for Thunderbird etc.  Although Thunderbird e-mail i had problems with, but no big deal.

I opened my ACT! 2008 without a hitch, Quickbooks without a hitch, every program without hitch although for some like my ACE FTP program that I use for file transfers I just had to reset the Site Profile.

Then I just copied all the other folders from the old user to the new user using two open windows, and I am up and running using Illustrator CS3 and all the rest!

I was about to reformat my whole entire hard drive.  This took me only about 2 hours, the file wizard works a little slow, oh and I saved everything to a network drive and then brought the saved file back in!