4 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 3:39 AM by Marcus Koch

Title Question?

austinyb Level 1

Hi. I have a question.

When making a title, is it possible to have more than one title in one title? For example, if I wanted to add subtitles to a clip. Would I have to make a new title for each subtitle? There should be an easier way. Or say I wanted to make a counter for something. Would I have to make 50 different titles (1, 2, 3, 4...)? Basically, I'm asking if there is an easier way to make titles.

Thanks,

Austin

• 1. Re: Title Question?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

No. You have to make each title separately. Of course, you can use 'based on current title' to make life a little easier.

• 2. Re: Title Question?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Harm has given you the best way to do it, and also shared the "Based On" to save you having to recreate from scratch.

One could, however combine Title elements into one. You could do, say a heading Title that also had a "lower third," i.e. a sub-title in it. Click the "Show Video," or whatever the exact syntax is. This will allow you to layout your text boxes, to suit.

However, just because you can, I'd not do this, unless it was a one-time thing. It's a lot easier for me to edit and design the Titles, when they are separate. You just position one of the first available Video Track above your Video, and the other on the next VT above that. This also allows one to alter the timing and any animation separately.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS You can also create your Titles in PS, where each line of text, or text box is on a separate Layer. The PSD is then Imported as a Sequence to keep the Layers and not Flatten the image. Then, I can animate each Layer separately.

• 3. Re: Title Question?
              Colin Brougham Level 6

Check out the infamous Eddie Lotter's Premiere Pro Title File Creator; it should do just what you need.

• 4. Re: Title Question?
                Marcus Koch Level 1

Hi Colin,

thanks for the tip. I checked out the Title File Creator and it is a great tool. Unfortunately it can only replace one text at a time. Inspired by it I programmed a tool that can replace multiple text blocks at once. It works, but I need to find the time to check the inputs properly, before I can give it out.

Marcus